Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Nutrition Services Barista \(On Call, Variable Shift\) to work in Starbucks at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Nutrition Services Barista is responsible for creating the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment\.
In this position you will:
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks and Swedish
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team
- Anticipate customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues
- Communicate information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create a community gathering space for patients, visitors, and staff
- Assist with new staff training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed
- Contribute to positive team environment by recognizing changes in staff morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager
- Deliver customer service to all customers by acting with a "customer comes first" attitude and connecting with the customer
- Discovers and responds to customer needs
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Education or general education degree \(GED\)
- Current State of Washington Food and Beverage Service Worker's Permit
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington Sate and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 148718