Where you work matters\! Swedish Medical Center is looking for a part time Cook II \(0\.6 FTE, Varaible Shift\) at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
Promotes the mission of Swedish by participating as a vital member of the
Nutrition Services team by preparing food products utilizing basic and advanced cooking techniques, standardized recipes, and plating guidelines in meeting production schedules in accordance with health, safety, and sanitary procedures\.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for processing food items, ensuring proper utilization, storage of food and supplies\.
- Be responsible for maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of equipment, supplies, and work areas\.
- Participate in recipe and menu development showcase culinary skills and products\.
- Perform related tasks as required\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree \(AA\), culinary degree or related equivalent from an accredited college, technical school or formalized apprenticeship, and two years professional full service line cook experience in a full service establishment where fresh food is prepared on premises using standardized recipes\.
- Or without AA degree, culinary degree, technical school four years of professional full service line cook experience in a full service establishment such as a restaurant or hotel where the majority of the products were prepared on premises from fresh ingredients using standardized recipes may be acceptance in lieu of degree or formalized apprenticeship will be accepted\.
- Current State of Washington Food Permit\.
- Must possess basic baking skills and the ability to prepare both convenience pre\-packaged items, as well as fresh items from scratch\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Must demonstrate competency in basic and advanced cooking/culinary methods\.
- Demonstrate professional ability to safely and accurately operate a variety of food service equipment\.
- Have high\-volume line cooking experience and safe food handling techniques\.
- Ability to manage several tasks and set priorities in a fast paced environment\.
- Ability to apply common sense, understands, and carries out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form\.
About the First Hill Campus\.
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 140036