Providence is calling a Sterile Processing Technician (Sterile Processing, Night Shift, 0.6 FTE/24 hours per week) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Sort, disassemble, clean and disinfect trays, instruments, carts, supplies and equipment.
- Select and use effective and safe sterilization procedures and cleaning methods.
- Operate and maintain cleaning, sanitizing and sterilization equipment
- Provide instrument sets for surgical procedures and case carts for booked and emergency surgery.
- Use computers to maintain supplies and records.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of Central Services Technician or Surgery Technologist training program
- Current Central Supply Certification or Surgery Technology Certification.
- Hospital sterile processing or health care materials management experience
- Medical terminology experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Sterile Processing Techs (Central Services Techs)
Req ID: 153900