Providence is calling a Wound and Ostomy Nurse (Enterostomal Therapy, DayShift, 0.875 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Consult with other health care providers in making recommendations for care or providing direct care to the ostomy patients, wound care patients and patients in need of skin care as requested.
- Utilize the nursing process to assess, develop a nursing diagnosis, develop a plan of care with appropriate interventions and evaluate the effects of the plan.
- Serve as a resource for inpatients, assist with discharge planning and work with ostomy patients on an outpatient basis as needed.
- Serve as a consultant to the physicians and/or staff nurses in regard to ostomy, wound care or skin care.
- Provide consultation, direct care and/or staff education for other health care agencies which may require off-site visits as contracted by Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Graduate of an accredited school of of Wound, Ostomy and Continence
- Eligible to sit for the certification exams for Wound and Ostomy
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Washington
- 2 to 3 years clinical experience
- Acceptable references from former employer(s)
About the hospital you will serve. Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Advice Nursing
Req ID: 147860