Providence is calling a Security Supervisor (Security, Evenings, Full time - 1.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Perform a variety of advanced professional and first-line supervisory duties related to the coordination of security services.
- Report to the PHC Manager of Security Services responsible to oversee assigned shift functions and may perform professional, administrative duties as needed in the day-to-day supervision of an operational area of Security Services.
- Perform a variety of full performance level technical security protective duties to protect patients, visitors, staff, physicians, property and facilities from accidents, bodily harm, fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry.
- Enforce Providence Health Care, facility and security policies and regulations.
- Investigate reports of potential criminal conduct against visitors, staff, and property; respond and assist in restraining patients; detains individuals when necessary or at the direction of a police officer; and provide protective services to high risk areas.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 3 years of previous Law Enforcement/Security/Military experience
- Have a valid driver's license
- Be able to successfully complete department Field Training Officer Program including MOAB/Defensive Tactics, OC/Pepper Spray, Baton, Handcuffing, CPR/AED and basic healthcare security training
- Strong leadership traits and demonstrated ability to make sound decisions with limited information, time and resources
- Ability to delegate and oversee the work of subordinate staff
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree an accredited college in law enforcement, criminal justice, security, or a related field, or completion of basic law enforcement academy
- Currently holds a Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certification from American Society for Industrial Security or ability to obtain CPP certification
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Providence Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Security
Req ID: 153918