Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Presurgery/Procedure/Phase I/Phase II Recovery (Prov Ambulatory Surgery Center PMP, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assess the physiological health status of the patient.
- Assess the psychological health status of the patient/family.
- Establish realistic and attainable goals based on nursing diagnosis and develop a plan of care based on nursing actions to achieve patient goals.
- Implement nursing actions in transferring the patient according to plan of care.
- Participate in patient/family teaching.
- Follow infection control and safety procedures.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of nursing care.
- Attend department staff meetings, and educational opportunities.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from an Accredited Nursing Program
- Current Washington State Nursing License
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- 1 year Peri-Anesthesia experience with recent Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) or critical care experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve eastern Washington in clinic locations. Our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Services (Intraop)
Location: Washington-Spokane Valley
Req ID: 150632