| |Care Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
This position prepares, operates and maintains all equipment used in hemodynamic, angiographic and electrophysiologic catheterization procedures and permanent pacemaker implantation to assist Cardiologists in the diagnosis and treatment of patients suspected of suffering from heart disease.
- Prepares for procedures by setting up supplies, a cardiac defibrillator, and by calibrating pressure gauges.
- Sets up and operates recording and imaging equipment as required including a 16-channel hemodynamic records, 35mm cinema camera film magazines, an associated X-ray system with TV monitors, various videotape recorders and a digital imaging system.
- Prepares patient by attaching ECG electrodes, answering questions and preparing skin for catheter insertion using sterile procedures.
- Develops film taken during cine-angio portion of catheterization procedures by mixing developer and other chemicals used according to specifications and by operating film processor to provide diagnostic data.
- Assists with electrophysiologic studies by setting up complicated lead field systems and stimuli leads, connecting them to a electrophysiologic recorder so intracardiac electrical phenomena may be studied.
- Provides technical support to physicians in all catheterization procedures as part of the Cath Lab team.
- Monitors patient's electrogram for abnormal ECG's. Records and monitors blood pressures received through catheters, and monitors patient's well-being during procedures. Alerts physician of abnormal conditions.
- Instructs cardiology, fellow nurses, residents and medical students in the proper operation of equipment and procedures used in the Catheterization Laboratory.
- Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist, required
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technician (RPFT) is required.
- Nitric oxide use and set up
- Exercise equipment use troubleshooting
- Advanced Pulmonary Function testing
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Two years of college-level courses with an emphasis on biological or physical sciences or an equivalent combination of education and experience plus, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Possess a current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- Two (2) years of related experience in a catheterization laboratory, cardiology non-invasive laboratory or other cardiopulmonary area, preferred
: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Department: SJD-Cardiac Cath Lab
: Day Shift
: May 18, 2017, 6:04:47 PM