Located in Nashville,Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery andpatient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to workeach day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where yourexpertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilitieschallenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learningand leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know theyare part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride intheir work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs missionis to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,education, and research.
The Vanderbilt Eskind Diabetes Center isan internationally acclaimed facility that offers comprehensive care to bothadults and children with diabetes. It offers a team approach to care thatincludes diabetes specialists, diabetes educators and nutritionists. Forteenagers with diabetes, it also provides a seamless transition from pediatricto adult care.
The Vanderbilt Eskind Diabetes Center is one of onlythree diabetes centers in the U.S. accredited by the American DiabetesAssociation for treating adult, children's and gestational diabetes. We are oneof the top five diabetes centers nationally for number of patients treated.
Provides service topatient either pre-appointment, during or post appointment with regularguidance. Responsibilities may include inbound/outbound telephone calls, cashmanagement, appointment scheduling, process of insurance updates and patientcheck in/out.
Conducts patient check-in and check-out.
Schedules appointments through clinical communication or direct request.
Provides positive first impressions utilizing customer service skills.
Ensures point of service collections.
Manages reception area, maintains orderly appearance of reception area; ensures method for accountability of each patient check-in; proactively communicates appointment updates with patients.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Position Highly DesiredQualifications:
Strong customer service experience is critical for this position
Ability to get the job done and maintain a smooth clinic flow
Medical office / clinic experience highly desired
Internal candidates preferred
Familiar with EPIC
Monday âFriday 8:00 a.m. â 5:00 p.m. are the office hours; however, this positionis PRN. The candidate selected will work on an as needed / PRN basis.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (NOVICE):- A continuing focus on the needs and requirements of customers, anticipating their needs, remaining sensitive to customers while performing services for them, responsive to customer needs.
PATIENT SCHEDULING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- The ability to coordinate and schedule patient appointments, surgeries and other office visits with various computer systems in the hospital or clinic.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & DOCUMENTATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- The ability to comprehend medical terminology and documentation in an office, or surgical setting.
PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- The ability to receive and record patient information.
Organizational Impact: Performs clearly defined tasks and methods described in detail to achieve standardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to the team.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards Ensures continuous improvement.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
Â· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Â· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
Â· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
Â· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
Â· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Â· American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
Â· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
Â· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
Â· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.