W e are currently searching for motivated and friendly people to join our team as a Cook/Baker Lakeland Regional Health! If you are passionate about healthcare and providing nutritious options to hospital visitors, apply today to learn more about the first step if your career with LRH.
What shifts are available?
Flexibility is key to providing the best service to our customers
Positions are Full-Time
Day Shift: 7 AM - 3:30 PM
Evening Shift: 2 PM - 10:30 PM
What will you do?
Prepare meal for patients, catering and cafeteria. Responsible for taking daily inventory of supplies, and daily meal preparation. Ensure that all menu items for patient services, catering and the cafeteria meet acceptable quality standards. Must be prepared and replenished within the scheduled time frames. Utilize recipes and food production sheets. Must identify opportunities for and contribute to the improvement of quality, safety and cost, as well as patient, customer, and employee satisfaction. May perform other related duties as assigned. Come to work prepared and in full uniform.- Perform cleaning duties, such as, pot washing, dish washing, sweeping, mopping, etc. Maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary work area(s). Perform work according to established sanitation, cleaning and infection control guidelines.
- Prepare, cook, and/or bake menu items for patient services, cafeteria and catering utilizing acceptable food preparation and cooking procedures.
- Follow regulatory agency requirements with regard to food preparation, cooking and service.
- Sets up work area with all necessary food and supplies.
- Responsible for monitoring food production usage and replenishing, as needed, during meal service. - Assist with the breakdown of food after each meal service.
- Documents time and temperatures of refrigerators, freezers, hot holding on all food, 3- compartment sinks, dish machines on appropriate forms.
- Take corrective action when food items are not at proper temperature.
- Properly store leftovers and prepared foods. Cover, labels and dates all products being stored.
- Rotates stock and discard outdated products.
- Maintain clean, safe and sanitary work area, including food storage areas, and refrigerators/freezers.
- Maintain patient, confidentiality and privacy; adheres to HIPAA standards.
W hat qualifications & experience do you need?
High School or Equivalent - Required
Culinary School - Preferred
3-5 years' experience preferred
Certifications Preferred: Safe Serve Certified (Will consider other food service sanitation certificates)
Why Lakeland Regional Health?
Medical Insurance and Prescription Plan
Dental and Vision Insurance
Free YMCA membership
Anniversary Appreciation Awards
And so much more!
About Lakeland Regional Health:
Lakeland Regional Health is a large, globally recognized, award winning, integrated healthcare system located in Central Florida. LRH is a not-for-profit facility which provides healthcare to everyone, regardless of status. Our 864-bed main Lakeland campus is one of the largest hospitals in the state of Florida and also operates the busiest single-site Emergency Department in the nation.
As LRH continue to grow, the Women & Children Pavilion recently opened. The Pavilion is an eight story, 170 bed state of the art facility located at our main Lakeland Campus. The Women's and Children's facility offers medical attention that has not been previously offered in Polk County. Lakeland Regional Health is improving lives every day through safe and exceptional care, prevention and wellness, education and discovery.
What is it like to work for Lakeland Regional Health? Our Award Winning Workplace has achieved best workplace awards from Forbes, Becker's, and Gallup (among only 40 organizations world-wide); achieved
Internal Number: 5391
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health is committed to providing patient-focused, health care services while continuing to improve the quality of care to our patients, families, guests and physicians.