The Respiratory Therapist Reg performs and directs the administration of respiratory care services (including but not limited to oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy, inhaled medication, airway clearance, invasive and non-invasive ventilation and bedside spirometry), as ordered by a patients attending physician, in a quality manner that is in accordance with established procedures. Administers cardiopulmonary resuscitation in emergency situations.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (Essential Functions):
1. Reviews physician's orders, analyzes patient's diagnostic test results and provides appropriate therapy based on the patients current clinical condition. If appropriate, implements approved protocols as directed by physician.
2. Performs routine and advanced respiratory therapy; prioritizing patient needs in a rapidly changing environment.
3. Instructs patient in the use of various respiratory care equipment in a thorough and professional manner. Assesses patient response to therapy and coaches the patient to improve technique.
4. Documents all treatments and therapies given, any supplies used, and accurately files all corresponding charges. Reports outcomes of therapeutic interventions and makes recommendations as appropriate.
5. Adheres to established policies within the BSWH system including but not limited to: infection control and isolation policies, HIPPA, time and attendance, and social media.
6. Works willingly and professionally with other employees, healthcare professionals, and students.
7. Takes responsibility and initiative to understand and complete any professional or technical requirements set by Baylor Scott and White leadership.
8. Incorporates principles continuous quality improvement in all of aspects of clinical care, identifying opportunities as appropriate.
9. Maintain knowledge of current RT practice and current healthcare information. Fulfills and maintains continuing educations requirements as deemed by the State of Texas Health and Human Services.
The ideal candidate has a general understanding of Respiratory Care modalities, therapies and medications; must be able to read, write and follow flow chart protocols as appropriate; general knowledge of computers including but not limited to: typing, electronic documentation, hand held scanner and email; must be able to work under stressful conditions; and must have critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Associates Degree or Graduate of an Accredited Program
No experience required
Licensed by the State of Texas Medical Board as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National Board Respiratory Care
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Internal Number: 19005028
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!