Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 3 years relevant experience **Masterâs Degree Preferred**
JOB SUMMARY: The Clinical Program Manager is responsible for overseeing and developing the Mental Health Specialist and Mental Health Technicians in Vanderbilt Childrenâs Hospital. This area manages the population of children awaiting psychiatric placement at MCJCHV. The Clinical Program Manager will serve as the leader of this program and develop processes to mitigate the risk of patient injury, increase patient safety, increase patient comfort and provide early warning to licensed healthcare team members.
The Clinical Program Manager will also be responsible for developing, planning and implementing strategies for program continuation and growth.
The ideal candidate will have:
Mental Health Background
Management Experience within a 24/7 operation
Department/ Unit Summary: Our Mental Health Technicians and Mental Health Specialist care for children ages 4-12 and adolescents ages 13-17 with many different emotional or behavior problems, including depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), bipolar disorder and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. We are Middle Tennesseeâs only provider of inpatient mental health services for children.
Provides budgetary management to the program.
Provides training and guidance for individuals supporting the program.
Promotes growth and expansion of the program.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Oversees the creation, coordination and execution of the program.
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives.
PEER LEADERSHIP (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
FINANCIAL PROCESSES (INTERMEDIATE):- Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.
NETWORKING (INTERMEDIATE):- Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.