Interacts directly with pediatric patients, families and other health team members and facilitates age-appropriate interactions and activities to help make the health care experience easier for patients and families, reduces patient and family distress, increases effective patient and family coping, fosters patient independence, and promotes optimum development.
Essential Job Duties
- Accurately assesses, prioritizes, and documents pediatric patient and family care.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates effective pediatric patient and family centered health care plans.
- Provides developmentally-appropriate education, psychological procedural preparation, coping support, comfort management, and play opportunities, to pediatric patients and families.
- Participates in selection, supervision, and training of practicum students and volunteers.
- Assists with orienting, training and mentoring new employees.
- Entry Rate: $19.34
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Saturday - Wednesday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Additional Details: Will need to cover shifts at Primary Children's and Riverton