Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a nursing history.
2. Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care needs of the patient and family.
3. Correlates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of care.
4. Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's condition.
5. Reviews each patients chart for completeness. Notifies physician or other appropriate persons if chart is not complete in a timely fashion to avoid delays.
6. Completes an immediate assessment of each patient as they arrive in SDS post procedure.
7. Based on changing patient needs in the Post procedure phase, evaluates, revises and updates patient care until discharged from the unit.
8. Develops and/or updates individualized nursing care plan on each patient.
9. Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient and family/significant others.
10. Actively involves patient and family/significant others in planning patient's care.
11. Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and family/significant others. Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in the patient's care.
12. Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
13. Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and Procedure Manual.
14. Implements changes in physicians' orders in a timely manner.
15. Explains treatments and procedures to patient and family/significant others.
16.Provides patient and family teaching.
17. Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the patient.
18. Maintains knowledge and skills in emergency procedures per ACLS guidelines and initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of practice and hospital policy.
19. ACLS certification:
20. Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
21. Updates and revises care to be delivered as patients' needs change.
22. Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other members of the health care team.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
23. Assumes leadership role and delegates nursing care.
24. Assigns tasks appropriately and guides team members based on their skills and abilities.
25. Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital nursing.
26. Conducts patient care conferences.
27. Updates skills and knowledge and attends peers' patient care conferences.
28. Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new personnel.
29. Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
30. Participates in patient care Quality Assurance programs.
37. Maintains proper aseptic technique during dressing changes.
38. Clearly documents effectiveness of nursing care (i.e., pain management and response to treatments such as wound care).
39. Assists physical therapist in mobilizing patients and assesses progress.
40. Keeps accurate record of intake and
41. Point of care testing
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain California RN license. Current California RN license and current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS and PALS certification required.
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Masters degree)
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
B. Minimum Experience: Recent acute care experience preferred.
Job: Surgical Services
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Evening
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1805049156
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center