Job Summary: Independent developing IT professional, providing desktop support duties for LOH Operating Room support locations. Applies technical expertise to end user devices and technical infrastructure. This includes running, maintaining, and troubleshooting systems, within the desktop environment, supporting the LOH specialized technology & infrastructure devices and responding promptly and effectively to customer problems. Directly resolves problems or escalates to the appropriate resource and monitor its effective resolution. Receives general direction, work in progress is reviewed routinely.
1. Performance Metrics: Achieve performance metrics related to ticket processing and customer service.
2. Project Participation: Coordinate, assist and participate in projects specific to the tech's assigned department.
3. Administrative Tasks & Record Keeping: Create and maintain documentation associated with tickets, projects and end user guidance as well as weekly time card entries.
4. Technical Skills: Install, maintain and support all end user devices. Troubleshoot issues and implement known solutions to access, connectivity, software and hardware problems.
5. Customer Service: Consistently provide exemplary customer service across all levels of the organization. Communicate technical terms, policies, and difficult messages to end users in a service oriented fashion.
1. Requires 2 or more years of experience and BA/BS degree.
2. Requires an in-depth knowledge of personal computing, MAC and Windows PC/Workstation based LAN systems, active directory, domains, PDA support, and application troubleshooting.
3. Work experience in healthcare and/or education or equivalent experience in complex organizations.
4. Requires a highly reliable, self-sufficient individual with excellent interpersonal skills, and an ability to understand the business and technical needs of the client.
5. Candidate must be comfortable being in proximity to active surgical procedures.
6. Working conditions/physical demands of bending and lifting weights up to 40 pounds.
7. May be required to work weekends and stay late as necessary. Location: LOH Operating Room Suites 301 East 17th ST.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online. If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Please See Above
Internal Number: 69120254
About NYU Langone Medical Center
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. Included in the 200+ locations throughout the New York area are five inpatient locations: Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute-care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation, ranked as one of the top 10 rehabilitation programs in the country; NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, a dedicated inpatient orthopedic hospital with all musculoskeletal specialties ranked top 10 in the country; Hassenfeld Children's Hospital at NYU Langone, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services; and NYU Langone Hospital—Brooklyn, a full-service teaching hospital and level 1 trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute–designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.