Provides service to patients in acute, short and long term care settings by assisting physicians, assessing patients, and treating injuries and ailments. Maintains a master's degree and certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP). Obtains a thorough medical history from patient and performs a physical exam to determine patient's needs. Analyzes information collected from patient and establishes a diagnosis. Consults with physician if necessary. Formulates a plan for treatment of the patient and prescribes medicine if necessary in order to aid recovery and manage pain. Makes necessary healthcare referrals. Counsels patients and family members on prevention and treatment plan for health issues. May participate in clinical research studies.
• Average daily census 28
• Currently holds 31 beds, expanding to 40 beds in July 2017
• 4 neonatologists; 5th neonatologist already hired to begin July 2018
• 12 staff NNP/PA plus per diems
• 24/7 in-house coverage by NNP/PA
• Work schedule : every 4th weekend; 16 hour nights, 10- hour days
• Federal holiday coverage expected 1-2 per year (1 summer holiday and 1 winter holiday) other non-recognized holidays are rotated informally.
• APPs and Neonatologist work together closely in a very collaborative and cohesive practice
• Progressive practice and will be expected to participate in quality improvement projects and practices
• Over 300 Pediatric and Neonatal transports annually
• Assist at the time of high-risk delivery and post-resuscitative care of the sick newborn
• Responsible for working with critically ill babies, premature newborns or infants requiring close observation due to serious illness, injury or a birth defect
• Provide a wide range of newborn services including body cooling, high frequency ventilation, and nitric oxide (no ECMO)
• Daily bedside rounding when on service with multidisciplinary team, which includes dedicated Pediatric PharmD and NICU nutritionist
Sanford Health is seeking a qualified Neonatal Nurse Practitioner to join the Sanford NICU staff in the Sanford Children’s Hospital located in Fargo. ND. Neonatal Nurse Practitioner graduation from an accredited program, with a minimum of a Master’s degree and NCC certification, or eligibility for certification, required. PA candidates considered with graduation from an accredited graduate program, minimum of a Master’s degree, certification, and minimum of 1 year experience in a Neonatal ICU.
• The LARGEST Level III NICU in the state of North Dakota
• Core member of the APP led NICU flight team
• Provide a wide range of newborn services including therapeutic hypothermia, high frequency ventilation, nitric oxide (no ECMO), and pediatric surgical care
• High-risk delivery and post-resuscitative care of the sick newborn
Sanford Health offers excellent compensation, comprehensive benefits, paid malpractice insurance, relocation allowance, & much more.
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing.
Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve.
We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care,
leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research,
education and community growth. We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases.
We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition
here in your community, across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families
and communities. We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application,
please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to email@example.com .
State: North Dakota
Job Function: Advanced Practice Provider
Job Schedule: Full Time
Req Number: req23982
Internal Number: nnpfgo
About Sanford Health
Sanford Health, with headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD and Fargo, ND, is the largest, rural, not-for-profit health care system in the Nation. Sanford is dedicated to excellent in patient care, innovation and pioneering integrated care. Our family is 25,000 strong and our care stretches across 220,000 square miles. With over 1,400 primary and specialty care physicians in 80+specialties, 39 medical centers, 225 clinic and 140 location in 9 states, patients are able to access quality health care close to home.