Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE- Part Time Longwood
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
Reporting to the Practice Manager and under the supervision of the Providers, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) cares for patients and performs a wide variety of patient care activities. Adheres to state, federal and organizational guidelines to ensure quality care and patient safety with support from the Clinical Excellence team. Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork
* Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient experience
* Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
* Utilizing age-specific guidelines, assesses patient during clinical check-in, documents pertinent medical information and vital signs. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
* Performs and administers treatments, medications and any follow-up assessments ordered by the provider, verifying as needed. Responds appropriately in clinical emergencies and triage situations.
* Performs diagnostic and occupational medicine testing to include, but not limited to, EKG, spirometry, audiometry, titmus and pulse oximetry. Completes forensic testing collections in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Florida Drug Free Workplace Guidelines. This may include urine drug screens, blood/breath alcohol testing, oral fluids and hair testing.
* Appropriately complete check-out duties and relays instructions/care to the patient or family
* Performs required Quality Control checklist to ensure safety of the patient
* Follows CDC guidelines, infection prevention practices, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and follows safety regulations.
* Participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives
May be called upon to train newly hired clinical staff
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and practices
Strong critical thinking skills
Demonstrated ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements
Ability to operate a computer, copier, fax and scanner
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and others of diverse backgrounds
Ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast pace, high patient volume environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Graduate of accredited nursing program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
* Previous urgent care / ED experience
* Prior pediatric experience ( for Kids Urgent Care Centers )
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Current Florida license as an LPN
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Internal Number: 281673
About AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.