Join Harborview Medical Center's team of outstanding nurses! (Registered Nurse 2; RN2). Harborview Medical Center is a level one adult and pediatric trauma center as well as regional burn center for a four state region; a teaching and research hospital for the University of Washington; and a public/safety-net hospital for our diverse community. Learn more about Harborview and our specialties on our website. *************************************************************************** Current staff nurse (RN2) positions may include full time, part time, and per diem opportunities on various shifts in the following areas:
**ICUs** Critical care, ICU (intensive care units) opportunities.
*Neurosciences ICU (30 bed unit) - 90% FTE nights position currently open.
*Burns ICU and Pediatric ICU (18 bed unit, includes both adults and peds) - 90% FTE nights position currently open.
*Trauma Surgery ICU (24 bed unit) - no positions currently open (openings could arise at any time).
*Medical Cardiac ICU (17 beds unit) - no positions currently open (openings could arise at any time).
*Critical Care Float Pool - 90% FTE days positions currently open; as well as 90% FTE nights positions currently open.
Harborview ICUs are recipients of the prestigious Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence.
**Acute Care, Med-Surg, Tele**
*1EH -12 - Med/Surg/Tele - 90% nights position open.
*6MB - Planned Surgery - per diem variable positions available.
*6EH - Ortho Trauma - 90% Days openings; and per diem positions available.
*7EH - Trauma/General Surgery - 90% nights position open; and per diem variable shifts available.
*5EH - Med/Surg/Tele - 90% nights position available; and per diem variable shifts available.
*4EH - Med/Tele/Oncology - per diem variable shifts positions open.
*8EH - Burns/Plastics/Peds - per diem variable shifts position available.
*4WH - Trauma Rehabilitation - per diem shifts available.
*3EH - Med/Tele - per diem variable shift positions open.
*Acute Care Float Pool - 90% day position open; and 90% night positions open; and per diem variable shift positions open.
*3WH - Neurosciences - 90% night positions open; and, per diem variable position open. **The 36 acute care beds at HMCs 3WH Neuroscience floor specialize in the management of acute trauma and acute vascular disease, patients with aneurysms, as well as other neurosurgical problems such as brain tumors and spinal disorders. We also provide expert management of stroke and epilepsy patients.
Harborview's Neurosciences unit is proud to be the recipient of the Top Box and Patient Satisfaction Award for five quarters. We can thank the wonderful Achievements and Great work to the amazing leaders and staff members who make up the 3 West family!
**Continuity of Care Program (CCN)**
CCN positions requires minimum two years acute care nursing experience. Continuity of Care Nurses (CCN) coordinate all aspects of care leading to a timely transition to the next level of care for patients on acute care units. The CCN serves as a liaison between patients, families, medical teams, nursing staff, social services, interdisciplinary team members, consulting and referring physicians and agencies involved in the care of patients from admission through the discharge process.
**PACU, Ambulatory Surgery, and Pre-Anesthesia**
Current Openings: *75% FTE, Days, PACU/ASU. *75% Evenings, PACU/ASU. Min. two years current/recent ICU experience required. PACU experience desirable.
Operating Room (OR) opportunities.
**Main OR** 100% FTE rotating/variable shifts staff RN positions currently open. 100% FTE night shift staff RN2 position currently open. 100% FTE Week-end Nights Charge RN2 position currently open. 100% FTE Evenings Charge RN2 position currently open.
Please note that main OR positions include an expectation of taking up to 8 standby shifts per year.
additional opening: **Eye Institute O.R.** per diem position open.
**Cardiac Cath Lab** 60% FTE Days position open; as well as 60% FTE Nights position open. Critical care nursing experience required.
*5MB - Psych ICU: 90% Evenings; and per diem positions open.
*5WA - Acute Psych: 60% Days; and per diem positions open.
*5WB - Acute Psych: 90% Nights, 50% Days; and per diem positions open.
*Psych Emergency Services (PES): 60% Nights; and per diem positions available.
per diem position open. Requires min. two years acute care nursing experience. Interqual criteria experience desirable.
**5NJB- Neuro, Spine, Sports Medicine & Stroke Specialty Clinic** 100% FTE (40 hours per week), Day Shift, Monday thru Friday, 0900-1730 (with option of a flexed shift) position available.
**Clinic Float Pool** Hourly/Per-diem position available
**Eye Institute Clinic** 100% FTE (40 hours per week), Day shift, Monday-Friday 0800-1630, all holidays off. Position has shifts 0900-1730 to cover late clinics. The Eye Institute is a fast paced worksite seeing close to 200 patients a day. The nurse will be responsible for telephone triage, lab draws, IV placement for clinic tests and clinic workflow. **2WC- Madison Infectious Diseases, Allergy, and Hansen's Disease Clinics** 100%, Day shift position; and per diem position available.
Madison Clinic is the largest HIV clinic in Washington State. This fast-paced clinic provides primary and specialty care to those living with HIV and those at high risk of HIV. Madison Clinic is open 8am to 5:30pm, Monday-Friday. Requires minimum two years nursing experience.
**7MB Specialty Clinics**
Full time days position open (M-F, 8:30-5). This position includes working in urology, chest, kidney, GI, and liver clinics. Requires two years RN work experience.
**Pioneer Square Clinic/Downtown Programs**
There are currently a total of Five RN positions open: One full time 100% FTE (40 hours per week), One 90% (36 hours per week) Two 80% (32 hours per week) & One 70% (28 hours per week).
1. 100% FTE (40 hours per week), Day Shift This position will be primarily at Pioneer Square Clinic, and may require some time working in one of the other primary care clinics in the Pioneer Square Downtown Programs.
2. 80% FTE ( 32 hours per week), Split day/evening, 4 days a week. Monday-Thursday. Hours would be 12:30-9pm. We have a new grant to expand the staffing at the medical clinic in the DESC Main Shelter. This position would work into the evening to treat the residents of the shelter. The RN would work collaborative with the shelter staff to identify residents that would benefit from medical services. The position would also collaborate with the existing HMC staff at the main shelter to assure continuity of care. This position will be primarily sited in the DESC main shelter but may require some time working in one of the other sites in the Pioneer Square Downtown Programs.
3. 80% FTE ( 32 hours per week), Split day/evening, 4 days a week. Hours would be 12:30-9pm. We have a new grant to provide a clinic at the Union Gospel Mission. This position would work into the evening to treat the residents of the shelter. The RN would work collaborative with the shelter staff to identify residents that would benefit from medical services. This position will be primarily sited in the Union Gospel Mission but may require some time working in one of the other sites in the Pioneer Square Downtown Programs.
4. 70% FTE (28 hours / week) Day shift 5 days a week Tuesday - Saturday. Hours variable This is a split position providing nursing services on our Healthcare in Housing Team. The position will work between the Compass Center and the Estelle House, providing nursing care and linkages for the residents of the two buildings. This position will be primarily sited in Compass Center and Estelle but may require some time working in one of the other sites in the Pioneer Square Downtown Programs.
5. 90% FTE (36 hours per week), Split day/evening, 4 days a week (Tues-Fri). This is a split location position going between Third Ave Clinic and St. Martin de Porres Men’s Shelter. This position will provide nursing at both a primary care clinic as well as providing care and linkages for the residents of a large men’s shelter. This position will be primarily sited at Third Ave Clinic and St. Martins but may require some time working in one of the other sites in the Pioneer Square Downtown Programs.
**Medical Respite, Jefferson Terrace** Per diem position available. The Edward Thomas House Medical Respite at Jefferson Terrace, is a collaborative project among seven area hospitals and Health Care for the Homeless Network. The program provides nursing care 16 hours per day and non-clinical care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Nurses provide up to twice daily care for acute issues, as well as IV infusion and complicated wound care. Mental health clinicians complete a psychosocial screening to assess housing, mental health and funding needs. One year of RN nursing experience and familiar working with patient population.
**HCSATS (Harborview Center for Sexual Assault and Traumatic Stress)**
Per diem SANE position (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner). On call position providing care to adult, adolescent and pediatric victims of sexual assault including physical exam and forensic evidence collection. Service currently is provided at Harborview Medical Center and Valley Medical Center at a minimum. Program may expand in the next year to cover additional facilities in the Seattle area. 40 hour didactic SANE training is provided along with extensive orientation. Minimum availability of 72 hours per month in 12 or 24 hour shifts. Must be able to respond to cases at all 5 hospitals we serve (Harborview, Swedish 1st Hill, Children’s, UW Medical Center and Valley) within a 45 min to 1 hour response time. Emergency department, Women’s health and/or Pediatric experience preferred.
***************************************************************************** (Please note: This is the appropriate requisition to apply to if you are an experienced nurse seeking employment in any nursing area (for staff nurse - RN2 positions) at Harborview Medical Center.
If you are interested in applying for management (i.e. Nurse Manager or RN3/ Assistant Nurse Manager); or Educator/CNS or ARNP/PA-C (Health Care Specialist), or CRNA, please apply separately to the specific job postings listed for these positions.)
Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is one of the oldest public institutions in the west coast and one of the preeminent research universities in the world. The University of Washington is a multi-campus university comprised of three different campuses: Seattle, Tacoma, and Bothell. The Seattle campus is made up of sixteen schools and colleges that serve students ranging from an undergraduate level to a doctoral level. The university is home to world-class libraries, arts, music, drama, and sports, as well as the highest quality medical care in Washington State and a world-class academic medical center. The teaching and research of the University’s many professional schools provide undergraduate and graduate students the education necessary toward achieving an excellence that will serve the state, the region, and the nation. As part of a large and diverse community, the University of Washington serves more students than any other institution in the Northwest.