Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, appearance, and communication, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
The Physical Therapist provides direct and indirect services to specific age groups in the outpatient rehabilitation settings. Utilizes process improvement in achieving the goals of the Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine Department. Accepts the responsibility to practice autonomously and collaboratively in all practice environments to provide best practice to the patient/client. Autonomous practice is characterized by independent, self-determined, professional judgment and action. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. May supervise Physical Therapist Assistants, technical aides, volunteers and interns. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
* Performs evaluations and re-evaluations according to standards and recommended techniques. Establishes, implements and adapts an individualized treatment plan of care (including appropriate goal setting, treatment activities and frequency). Discharges patients when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to standards of practice and payer guidelines.
* Documents accurately, completely, timely and legibly. Uses measurable and objective terminology according to standards of practice, follows insurance and department/hospital guidelines.
* Charges patient accurately, completely, timely and legibly according to guidelines of the CPT code format, price file, follows insurance and department/hospital guidelines.
* Identifies the need for patient/caregiver education and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis. Documents education and understanding, as appropriate.
* Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Follows clinical practice guidelines (APTA) by impairment when appropriate.
* Meets at least 96% of the productivity standard.
* Practices principles of employee and patient safety when performing daily job activities via observation.
* Complies with FH Compliance Plan, rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies, and with the standards of all accrediting bodies and payers as evident through documentation reviews, tracers and rounds results
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Entry-level professional competency of Physical Therapy practices, theory, principles and applications as defined in competencies departmental policy
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
* Basic computer skills to include Outlook, Microsoft Office and Windows
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy plus five or more years of work experience in physical therapy
* Master's or Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
* Current valid State of Florida license as a Physical Therapist, or Temporary State of Florida permit as Physical Therapist*
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Internal Number: 280732
About AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.