Under general supervision, the Medical Technologist/MLS is accountable for performing a variety of qualitative and quantitative laboratory tests, both manual and automated, of varying complexity to be utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Performs routine and STAT laboratory testing, reviews results for accuracy, problem solves, and reports accurate and timely information.
- 2. Completes required quality control testing, maintains records and documentation necessary to fulfill regulatory agency requirements, and takes appropriate corrective action as necessary. Performs periodic regulatory reviews of quality control data.
- 3. Performs preventative maintenance, cleaning and calibration procedures according to SOPs and manufacturer's developed schedules.
- 4. Performs proficiency testing and achieves satisfactory results related to all specialties or areas worked. May provide oversight / coordination of proficiency testing and review.
- 5. Completes at least 15 hours per year of Continuing Medical Units in appropriate areas to maintain certification.
- 6. May provide appropriate instruction to patients and their family members.
- 7. Acts as a technical expert to co-workers and other departments. May mentor staff, deliver education, and foster customer service.
- 8. May help maintain supply inventory, notifying supervisor when supplies are low.
- 9. May prepare education materials, and provide input on SOP revisions
- 10. May serve on hospital or system committees.
- 11. May evaluate new equipment.
- 12. May function as the key operator for assigned equipment.
- Entry Rate: $25.75
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time Graveyard - 7 on 7 off
- Department: Laboratory Transfusion - Primary Children's Hospital