As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
The Senior Product Owner is responsible for strategic product initiatives of the Nemours application associated with patient families’ experience of Nemours through digital means, executing on the vision of Nemours, anytime, anywhere. This role is responsible for defining the product vision and road-map, and implementing a comprehensive and cohesive user experience for patient families along the entire continuum of care with the goals of improving health outcomes by improving access, reducing transactional friction, and improving functionality to provide families the easiest, lowest cost solution to their healthcare needs. This individual will work closely with Corporate Services and clinical operations to identify and develop new product enhancements, perform business case analysis, attain stakeholder acceptance, and prioritize development consistent with Nemours enterprise strategy and True North goals. This role will focus primarily on ‘logged-in’ experiences for the Nemours app and MyNemours, also focusing on the bridge between those ‘logged-in’ experiences and the open experience of Nemours.org.
1. Responsible for defining product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities for the Nemours app. Individual must develop and maintain a philosophy of the application of technology and update or amend that philosophy so that it can be operationalized for maximum effect at minimum cost in a fluid technological and healthcare environment. As such, this role is responsible to utilize a deep understanding of market forces, such as transition to value / payer relationships, legal and regulatory issues such as HIPAA and Meaningful Use, data sharing issues including HIE, and technological developments such as third-party monitoring devices and data analytics.
2. Direct product design and project management: Lead process of designing product by leading discussions with all stakeholders (internal users and external partners), oversee user experience and user interface design efforts, and oversee product development including backlog management, iteration planning and elaboration of user stories. Responsible to incorporate the voice of the customer (internal and external) in product design, utilizing methodologies for journey mapping and usability assessment. Review and accept product / project deliverables. Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of release/spring goals.
3. Work closely with OVP and other senior leaders to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value and strategic direction of the organization.
4. Direct software application development using Agile development practices, including requirements design (story formation), technical design, task prioritization and estimation, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment.
5. Responsible for working with clinical leadership across the enterprise to ensure development of appropriate market research, data analysis to facilitate the development of KPIs by which the efforts of the CDH program will be assessed.
6. Responsible to investigate, experiment with, and utilize emerging technologies around remote patient monitoring, data analytics, and machine learning to make data actionable and to facilitate appropriate automated coaching, or nudging responses to patient generated data.
7 Responsible for leading operationalization of the Nemours app / MyNemours as tools for clinical care to be incorporated as part of the care plan for specific conditions.
1. Represent the voice of the customer with maximum empathy for the patient family experience along the entire continuum of care.
2. Direct the provision of user training (internal and external) as necessary.
3. Keep up to date with a wide range of market, regulatory, and technological issues across the evolving healthcare landscape
Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 3 year(s)
In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
Outstanding interpersonal/communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal staff, members of other internal departments, and external vendors, presentation and leadership skills
Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to work in a fast paced/dynamic team environment.
Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
Creative thinker with a visionAttention to details
Ability to understand and apply a wide range of technologies, and the ability to discuss those technologies with technologists, and with business-oriented people who may have a very low level of technical proficiency.
Additional Requirements: Bachelors Degree
More than 5 years of job related experience
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of every child to be a sacred trust. Through family-centered care in our children’s hospitals and clinics in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, as well as world-changing research, education and advocacy, Nemours fulfills the promise of a healthier tomorrow for all children — even those who may never enter our doors. Nemours began more than 70 years ago with the vision of Alfred I. duPont to improve the lives of children and to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. Today, through our children’s hospitals and health system, we directly care for 250,000 children annually in Delaware Valley and Florida, including families who travel from across the country and world to see our specialists — treating every child as we would our own. We also reach beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics to be a voice for children on a national and international level, and to lead the way in prevention, intervention, education, and research. Nemours is growing to better serve the children and families in our ca...re. We have 1.1 million square feet of space currently devoted to providing children’s healthcare or under construction, all designed with significant input and advice from our patients and families.