Work Type: Active - Benefit Eligible and Accrues Time Off Exempt: No
Work Schedule: M-F with Rotating Weekends/Holidays Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: 80
Location: Medical Center, US:FL:Lakeland
Provides comprehensive respiratory care under the direction/delegation of the physician in accordance with the Florida Respiratory Care Practice Act; delivers safe and effective care in compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the comprehensive patient care plan based on identified patient problems/needs and assists in the evaluation of the overall effectiveness. Determines respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physician and by physicians' orders. Assesses patient's condition, reviews and considers patient's medical history in the plan development. - Administers respiratory treatments and evaluates patient's physiological responses to therapy by monitoring vital signs, arterial blood gases and blood chemistry. Consults physician if adverse reactions occur; collaborates with RN, MD; recommends adjustments and modifications to treatment plan as appropriate. Reports pertinent observations to RN, physician and supervisor. - Set up and operate devices, such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems and aerosol generators, following specified parameters of treatment. - Performs arterial punctures for the purpose of blood gas analysis; runs arterial blood gas test; reviews results and reports abnormal values to physician. - Inspect, clean, test and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently, ordering repairs when necessary. - Responds to emergent situations and provides emergency care, including artificial respiration, external cardiac massage and assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation. - Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises and the use of medications and respiratory equipment.
Why Lakeland Regional Health?
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Career Advancement
* Medical Insurance and Prescription Plan
* Dental and Vision Insurance
* Pay Differentials
* Free YMCA membership
* Anniversary Appreciation Awards
* Tobacco/Nicotine Free Campuses
* And so much more!
About Lakeland Regional Health:
Lakeland Regional Health is a large, globally recognized, award winning, integrated healthcare system located in Central Florida. LRH is a not-for-profit facility which provides healthcare to everyone, regardless of status. Our 864-bed main Lakeland campus is one of the largest hospitals in the state of Florida and also operates the busiest single-site Emergency Department in the nation.
As LRH continue to grow, the Women & Children Pavilion recently opened. The Pavilion is an eight story, 170 bed state of the art facility located at our main Lakeland Campus. The Women's and Children's facility offers medical attention that has not been previously offered in Polk County. Lakeland Regional Health is improving lives every day through safe and exceptional care, prevention and wellness, education and discovery.
What is it like to work for Lakeland Regional Health? Our Award Winning Workplace has achieved best workplace awards from Forbes, Becker's, and Gallup (among only 40 organizations world-wide); achieved "Most Wired Advance" Hospital (among only 16 hospitals in the nation); and earned a Leap Frog "A" Safety Rating. LRH has developed career ladders and internal training for you to elevate your career.
Please visit us at myLRH.org to learn more about the organization.
Internal Number: 6131
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health is committed to providing patient-focused, health care services while continuing to improve the quality of care to our patients, families, guests and physicians.