Work Type: Active - Benefit Eligible and Accrues Time Off Exempt: No
Work Schedule: M-F with Rotating Weekends/Holidays Location: Medical Center, US:FL:Lakeland
Provides comprehensive respiratory care under the direction/delegation of the physician in accordance with the Florida Respiratory Care Practice Act; delivers safe and effective care in compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the comprehensive patient care plan based on identified patient problems/needs and assists in the evaluation of the overall effectiveness. Determines respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physician and by physicians' orders. Assesses patient's condition, reviews and considers patient's medical history in the plan development. - Administers respiratory treatments and evaluates patient's physiological responses to therapy by monitoring vital signs, arterial blood gases and blood chemistry. Consults physician if adverse reactions occur; collaborates with RN, MD; recommends adjustments and modifications to treatment plan as appropriate. Reports pertinent observations to RN, physician and supervisor. - Set up and operate devices, such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems and aerosol generators, following specified parameters of treatment. - Performs arterial punctures for the purpose of blood gas analysis; runs arterial blood gas test; reviews results and reports abnormal values to physician. - Inspect, clean, test and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently, ordering repairs when necessary. - Responds to emergent situations and provides emergency care, including artificial respiration, external cardiac massage and assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation. - Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises and the use of medications and respiratory equipment.
Qualifications & Experience
Are you ready for the next step in your career?
Lakeland Regional Health is searching for experienced and new graduate Registered Respiratory Therapist to join the Respiratory Care Department and Level III NICU. Providing safe, effective, comprehensive respiratory care under the direction of a physician in accordance with the Florida Respiratory Care Act, the professional we select will contribute to the comprehensive patient care plan based on identified patient needs and assist in the evaluation of general effectiveness.
Qualified Candidates must have:
* Associate Degree or AMA-accredited school of Respiratory Care degree
* Current license as a Respiratory Therapist in the state of Florida
* National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Certification
* Current CPR Basic Life Support (BLS) Card from the American Heart Association
* Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Card from the American Heart Association
* W orking knowledge of respiratory care procedures and applications to patient care
* Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Card from the American Heart Association
I nterested candidates should email their resume and salary requirements to careers@myLRH.org
Lakeland Regional Health is a large, globally recognized, award winning, integrated healthcare system located in Central Florida. Our 864-bed main Lakeland Campus is one of the largest hospitals in the state of Florida and also operates the busiest single-site Emergency Department in the nation. Our Award Winning Workplace has achieved best workplace awards from Forbes, Becker's, and Gallup (among only 40 organizations world-wide); achieved "Most Wired Advance" Hospital (among only 16 hospitals in the nation); and earned a Leap Frog "A" Safety Rating. We continue to grow and recently completed the addition of a $275M eight story, 170 bed, Level III NICU Women's & Children's Pavilion on our main Lakeland Campus. Lakeland Regional Health is improving lives every day through safe and exceptional care, prevention and wellness, education and discovery.
Internal Number: 6135
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health is committed to providing patient-focused, health care services while continuing to improve the quality of care to our patients, families, guests and physicians.