Staff Assistant II - Children's Hospital and Women's Services - 1902913
At Stony Brook Medicine, a TH Staff Assistant II is a valuable member of our team, who provides administrative and executive support and has the ability to interface with all levels of management throughout the hospital. As a highly visible member of the Children's Hospital team and a primary representative of the Associate Directors of Children's Hospital and Women's Services, this Staff Assistant will serve as the primary liaison between the service line and all other peer departments and offices throughout Stony Brook Medicine and Stony Brook University.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior communication and organization skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of the Staff Assistant II may include but are not limited to :
* Maintain daily operations in support of the Associate Directors of Operations and Nursing for Children's Hospital and Women's Services.
* Provide telephone reception, calendar management, record keeping, preparation of official documentation, and processing of communication into and out of the office; coordinate travel arrangements as requested.
* Create agendas and record minutes for assigned meetings/committees/task forces.
* Collaborate with hiring managers and Human Resources to ensure timely process of personnel packages for Children's Hospital and Women's Services.
* Achieve proficiency in Lawson, PeopleSoft, Taleo, ERAS, SharePoint and other hospital-specific software programs to provide the necessary operations support as requested. Liaise with Purchasing Department and Finance to purchase supplies and equipment and follow up with process requests.
* Operate as administrative and coordinator lead for Children's Hospital specific programs and events including but not limited to Pediatric Products Committee, Children's Hospital Prom, family support efforts, quality initiatives, Children's Hospital Solutions for Patient Safety initiatives, volunteer programs.
* Assist in the maintenance of multiple hospital budgets; cross reference multiple systems to update monthly reporting; identify areas for opportunity; escalate any issues to the Associate Director of Operations.
* Participate in the yearly Budget process collaborating with the Nurse Manager and Associate Director of Operations to:
o Prepare required documents
o Monitor the S&E expenditures
o Prepare budget transfers
o Develop and purchase approved capital budget
* Prepare monthly expense report for all accounts, state and foundation, with accurate data by expense category as designated by manager. Keep information necessary for budget preparation, programmatic reporting and financial analysis is accurate and readily available.
* Prepares administrative statistics and reports, as directed by the Associate Directors/Nurse Managers.
* Process, track and maintain appropriate documents to facilitate standing orders and contracts.
* Develop and maintain office filing systems so that needed information is readily accessible.
* Process purchase requests, requests for travel reimbursements, journal and budget transfers, work requests and the like in a timely and efficient manner.
* Assists with communications to donors, including appointments and acknowledgements during high volume seasons.
* Process incoming and outgoing communications in an effective and timely manner.
* Maintain a courteous and helpful approach when dealing with staff, faculty and visitors.
* Demonstrate a high degree of understanding of others even during the most stressful situations; resolution of conflicts and problem solving with empathy.
* Keep the Associate Directors/Nurse Managers informed and up-to-date on administrative and other issues pertinent to assigned service line.
* Provide cross coverage for other Staff Assistants in the Children's & Women's service line and similarly assigned assistants to other Associate Directors.
* Perform other duties as requested by the Associate Directors.
Required Qualifications: Associates Degree or, in lieu of Associates Degree, 3 or more years of related experience. Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelors Degree. Familiarity with medical terminology. Purchasing/budget experience. Two or more years administrative experience.
Special Note: This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. For full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date). If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date.
Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients' lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island's premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region's only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County's only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation's first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as "essential." This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com .
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Staff Assistant II
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Children's Service Line-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Shift Shift Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Pass Days: Sat, Sun
Posting Start Date: Sep 4, 2019
Posting End Date: Dec 4, 2019, 4:59:00 AM
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: SL1
Internal Number: 1902913
About Stony Brook University
FROM ITS BEGINNINGS A HALF-CENTURY AGO, STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY HAS BEEN CHARACTERIZED by innovation, energy and progress, transforming the lives of people who earn degrees, work and make groundbreaking discoveries here. A dramatic trajectory of growth has turned what was once a small teacher preparation college into an internationally recognized research institution that is changing the world.