LRH is currently recruiting for a motivated and friendly leader to join our Dining Services team at Lakeland Regional Health! If you are passionate about healthcare and providing nutritious options to hospital visitors, apply today to learn more about the first step if your career with LRH.
What will you do?
Demonstrate commitment to the vision, core purpose/mission and goals of LRH, modeling the values and culture. Conducts performance reviews, assign employees work, schedules time off, determines priority of work to be done. Oversees day-to-day operations for area of responsibility. Coaches and counsels employees toward performance improvement; disciplines when necessary. Has strong recommendation authority regarding hires and terminations. May assist with budgeting. Uses discretionary judgment in the management of staff, customers and visitors. May provide staff education and training. Serves as key resource for staff in their day-to-day job duties. Identifies and facilitates opportunities for improvement in the areas of quality care and services, stewardship, employee satisfaction, communication, accountability and customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for supervising a group of employees in the department. He/she is responsible for the operation of the storeroom. The function of this position include receiving, storing and the distribution of foodservice items necessary for the operation. This position requires working closely with other departments to achieve goals. Performs other duties as assigned.- Perform cleaning duties, such as, pot washing, dish washing, sweeping, mopping, etc. Maintain a clean, safe, and sanitary work area(s). Perform work according to established sanitation, cleaning and infection control guidelines.
- Using a collaborative leadership style, facilitates the achievement of department and hospital-wide quality, safety, satisfaction and stewardship goals. Monitors and tracks data/reports as identified by the department leadership.
- Proactively addresses performance and behavioral issues and acts to modify actions and behaviors to facilitate effective relationships and outcomes.
- Respond to complaints, adverse situations, unplanned circumstances or problems to ensure that work is completed efficiently, staffing needs are met, customer and staff satisfaction concerns are addressed appropriately and expected outcomes are achieved.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to excellence, willingness to seek feedback from staff and interactive listening skills. Gives high priority to quality outcomes.
- Maintain a close working relationship with employees in this and other departments that are serviced to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Perform within departmental guidelines to achieve the goals of minimizing expenditures while maintain all regulatory required levels of stock.
What qualifications & experience do you need?
* High School or Equivalent - Required
* Food Service Management preferred
* Certifications Preferred: Serv Safe Certificate (Sanitation Certificate) - will consider other food sanitation certificates
* Must complete the LRH Management Training within the first six months in role.
Why Lakeland Regional Health?
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Leadership training
* Career Advancement
* Medical Insurance and Prescription Plan
* Dental and Vision Insurance
* Pay Differentials
* Free YMCA membership
* Anniversary Appreciation Awards
* And so much more!
About Lakeland Regional Health:
Lakeland Regional Health is a large, globally recognized, award winning, integrated healthcare system located in Central Florida. LRH is a not-for-profit facility which provides healthcare to everyone, regardless of status. Our 864-bed main Lakeland campus is one of the largest hospitals in the state of Florida and also operates the busiest single-site Emergency Department in the nation.
As LRH continue to grow, the Women & Children Pavilion recently opened. The Pavilion is an eight story, 170 bed state of the art facility located at our main Lakeland Campus. The Women's and Children's facility offers medical attention that has not been previously offered in Polk County. Lakeland Regional Health is improving lives every day through safe and exceptional care, prevention and wellness, education and discovery.
What is it like to work for Lakeland Regional Health? Our Award Winning Workplace has achieved best workplace awards from Forbes, Becker's, and Gallup (among only 40 organizations world-wide); achieved "Most Wired Advance" Hospital (among only 16 hospitals in the nation); and earned a Leap Frog "A" Safety Rating. LRH has developed career ladders and internal training for you to elevate your career.
Please visit us at myLRH.org to learn more about the organization.
Internal Number: 6745
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health is committed to providing patient-focused, health care services while continuing to improve the quality of care to our patients, families, guests and physicians.