Would you like to be a part of an award winning team? We are looking for a Pharmacist to join our growing team! Apply today to learn more.
- every Saturday/Sunday 0700-1930 and one 8h shift per week (variable day of week dependent on staffing needs, day or evening shift)
- 80 hours a pay period (2 Weeks)
* Graduate of AACP accredited pharmacy school
* Bachelor Degree
* Current State of Florida Pharmacist license or eligibility
* Minimum of two years hospital experience with clinical exposure.
Works within the scope of Pharmacy Laws and standards to maximize benefit to the patient while minimizing associated costs according to expert judgment, LRH policies, procedures and the LRH standards of Pharmacy practice. Responsible to practice within their scope of licensure in accordance with approved policies, procedures and protocols. Contribute to positive outcomes and meeting the cultural expectations of the organization by exhibiting professional behavior and expertise. Shares responsibility for all aspects of patient and team functions.
- Provides comprehensive clinical pharmaceutical care and actively participates in team development. Assess therapeutic appropriateness, provides pharmacokinetic dosing and monitoring, nutrition support, drug information, and patient population specific dosing with consideration for age, renal and hepatic function, microbiology lab and culture results, and underlying conditions.
- Completes all documentation in the patient chart and monitoring tools for subsequent pharmacists.
- Reviews and verifies electronic orders via CPOE and contacts the patient's nurse or physician/healthcare provider to ensure appropriateness, completeness, clarity and safety of each order when needed. Some order verification and accuracy checking may include appropriateness of medication regimens to include lab work, height, weight, BSA, dose and cycle for antineoplastic/chemotherapeutic agents.
- Completes all specific medication order administration instructions/comments to ensure the medication is available to the caregiver/nurse timely and the administration instructions/comments are clearly available on the eMAR to the caregiver/nurse.
- Verifies USP 797 and USP 800 guidelines are consistently adhered to. Order verification and compounding is prioritized to allow timely administration to patients and to prevent therapy delays.
- Identifies and documents adverse drug reactions in Pharmacy OneSource system.
- Exhibits knowledge of, and guides nursing in the medication delivery processes.
- Completes all P&T or Pharmacy Department created clinical initiatives.
- Adheres to investigational protocols for manufacture, distribution, and documentation of investigational drugs.
- Remains current with all LRHMC mandatory annual education.
Why Lakeland Regional Health?
* Medical Insurance and Prescription Plan
* Dental and Vision Insurance
* Competitive pay
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Career Advancement
* Free YMCA membership
* Anniversary Appreciation Awards
* And so much more!
About Lakeland Regional Health:
Lakeland Regional Health is a large, globally recognized, award winning, integrated healthcare system located in Central Florida. LRH is a not-for-profit facility, which provides healthcare to everyone, regardless of status. Our 864-bed main Lakeland campus is one of the largest hospitals in the state of Florida and operates the busiest single-site Emergency Department in the nation.
As LRH continue to grow, the Women & Children Pavilion recently opened. The Pavilion is an eight story, 170-bed state of the art facility located at our main Lakeland Campus. The Women and Children facility offers medical attention that has not been previously offered in Polk County. Lakeland Regional Health is improving lives every day through safe and exceptional care, prevention and wellness, education and discovery.
What is it like to work for Lakeland Regional Health? Our Award Winning Workplace has achieved best workplace awards from Forbes, Becker's, and Gallup (among only 40 organizations world-wide); achieved "Most Wired Advance" Hospital (among only 16 hospitals in the nation); and earned a Leap Frog "A" Safety Rating. LRH has developed career ladders and internal training for you to elevate your career.
Please visit us at myLRH.org to learn more about the organization.
We are thrilled about your interest and look forward to your application today or send your resume to Careers@myLRH.org to take the first step in your career with a nationally recognized organization!
Internal Number: 7092
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health is committed to providing patient-focused, health care services while continuing to improve the quality of care to our patients, families, guests and physicians.