The RN Care Coordinator reports to the Director of Population Health and is responsible for managing coordination of patient care across the care continuum, specifically focusing on high risk patients, patients in readmissions cohorts, alternative payment models, members of the LRH employee plan, and patients participating in risk-based Medicare Advantage programs.
This will be accomplished through the promotion of high quality and cost effective care by ensuring timely access to appropriate care settings, increasing utilization of preventive care, connecting patients to relevant community resources, and identifying interventions appropriate for individual patients. The Care Coordinator will work collaboratively in a team environment to establish best practices for patient management and to identify opportunities for improving the care coordination process.
This position requires self-direction, motivation, organization, and interpretation of information relating to policies, procedures, and programs. Internal and external contact includes nursing staff and management, physicians, social workers, pharmacists, patients, families, community agencies, and professional peers.
- Works with Population Health leadership in the design, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive coordinated care model for patients that optimizes value.
- Participate in the collection, analysis, and understanding of data, and continuously evaluate process, identify problems, and propose process improvement strategies to enhance nurse navigation and case management operating activities.
- Proposes innovative strategies to improve quality of care for target patient populations: readmissions categories; bundled payment patients; patients in full risk-based payment models; LRH employee plan patients; and other advanced payment models
- Designs an individualized plan of care with the patient and fosters a team approach by working collaboratively with the patient, family, primary care and/or specialty provider, social work, behavioral health, and community resources to ensure coordination of services.
- Utilize the EHR and other technology solutions to organize and disseminate information in a way that provides value to care providers and patients.
What you will need to apply:
- Associate Degree
- 3 to 5 years' experience in clinical nursing as an LPN and/or RN.
- Prior case management and/or nurse navigation experience.
- RN License
- Certification Preferred: Case Manager Certification preferred with expectations to obtain ACM/CCM certification within 2 years of employment
Lakeland Regional Health is a large, globally recognized, award winning, integrated healthcare system located in Central Florida. LRH is a not-for-profit facility, which provides healthcare to everyone, regardless of status. Our 864-bed main Lakeland campus is one of the largest hospitals in the state of Florida and operates the busiest single-site Emergency Department in the nation.
As LRH continue to grow, the Women & Children Pavilion recently opened. The Pavilion is an eight story, 170-bed state of the art facility located at our main Lakeland Campus. The Women and Children facility offers medical attention that has not been previously offered in Polk County. Lakeland Regional Health is improving lives every day through safe and exceptional care, prevention and wellness, education and discovery.
What is it like to work for Lakeland Regional Health? Our Award Winning Workplace has achieved best workplace awards from Forbes, Becker's, and Gallup (among only 40 organizations world-wide); achieved "Most Wired Advance" Hospital (among only 16 hospitals in the nation); and earned a Leap Frog "A" Safety Rating. LRH has developed career ladders and internal training for you to elevate your career.
Please visit us at myLRH.org to learn more about the organization.
We are thrilled about your interest and look forward to your application today or send your resume to Careers@myLRH.org to take the first step in your career with a nationally recognized organization!
Why Lakeland Regional Health?
* Medical Insurance and Prescription Plan
* Dental and Vision Insurance
* Competitive pay
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Career Advancement
* Free YMCA membership
* Anniversary Appreciation Awards
* And so much more!
Internal Number: 6516
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health is committed to providing patient-focused, health care services while continuing to improve the quality of care to our patients, families, guests and physicians.