**Inova Fairfax Hospital is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse Unit Supervisor on the Adolescent Psychiatry Unit**
Opened in 2018 on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus , the inpatient adolescent psychiatric unit provides care for adolescents (ages 14-17) who require stabilization and short-term treatment for emotional, behavioral and psychological needs. This unit has 15 beds: 13 private rooms and 2 semi-private rooms. Our treatment team provides 24-hour care within a supportive environment. Previous Psychiatric or Pediatric experience is preferred.
Specific conditions and needs we can assist with include:
* Aggressive behavior
* Extreme changes in sleeping or eating habits
* Suicidal and homicidal thoughts or behaviors
* Dangerous to themselves or others
* Depression, anxiety
* Panic attacks, phobias, or obsessive behaviors
* Bipolar disorder
* Extreme mood swings and hyperactivity
* Prolonged sadness or crying
* Self-harming behaviors (i.e. cutting, burning, and pulling out hair)
* Unable to provide for their own health and safety
* Psychological concerns related to trauma (i.e. nightmares, flashbacks, and irritability)
* Withdrawal from friends
* In need of diagnostic treatment services that can only be obtained in an inpatient setting
* Behaviorally or emotionally dysfunctional behavior to a degree requiring the structural boundaries of hospitalization
The Registered Nurse Unit Supervisor on the Adolescent Psychiatry Unit:
* Oversees unit clinical operations including staffing, supervision of employees, and unit safety.
* Reports to Director Psychiatry/SA.
* Should have at least 1 year of In-Patient RN charge or management experience with at least one year IP adolescent psychiatry or a behavioral health setting or equivalent adolescent experience 2.
* Aptitude and desire to work with adolescent patients and their families.
Inova is a global leader in personalized health, which leverages precision medicine to predict, prevent and treat disease, enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. At Inova, we serve more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova's mission is to improve the health of the diverse community it serves through excellence in patient care, education and research. At Inova, more than 16,000 employees demonstrate their commitment every day to providing the community with expert, world-class, compassionate patient care.