Lakeland Regional Health is currently recruiting Per Diem Patient Access Representatives to work in the ER for a minimum of one 12 hour shift every two weeks. This is an excellent opportunity for you to work with the hospital at the frontline of our Emergency Department on a PRN status.
What shifts are available?
* 7 AM - 7:30 PM or 7:00 PM - 7:30 AM
* Minimum of one 12 hour shift in two week pay period
What will you do?
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate Preregistration/Registration of patients for Outpatient, Inpatient or Emergency services. Gathers all required information during registration, utilizing knowledge of medical insurance to include Managed Care, Medicare, Medicaid, commercial, liability, worker's compensation and other insurances not listed here. Secure precertification and/or authorization when applicable. Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with the rules and regulations regarding HIPAA. Collect patient/guarantor uninsured amounts as needed. Must be able to interview patients and articulate information in a clear and informative manner to patients, guarantors, family members, clinical staff, physicians and other hospital personnel.
- Responsible for performing pristine Pre-registration/Registration, Insurance Verification, Precertification/Authorization (when applicable) and other Patient Access department functions timely and accurately, maintaining a 99% accuracy rate as measured by the department web-based QA system.
- Interview patient/guarantors to obtain demographic and confidential clinical and financial information using age specific interviewing and communication techniques with patient and/or family members while ensuring that departmental/organizational throughput goals are adhered to.
- Ensure that appropriate patient admission status order or documentation related to outpatient testing is obtained and available in the patient's EMR, scanned into the electronic imaging system and ensures that the patient admit status in the registration system reflects the admit status of the order.
- Secure patient/guarantor uninsured amounts consistently achieving personal and departmental collection goals.
- Complete the patient admission/registration process by obtaining patient/guarantor signatures electronically on appropriate admission/registration forms ensuring that compliance is met for federal regulatory agency (CMS) requirements.
- Responsible for individual knowledge, skills, performance and behavior in accordance with hospital, division and unit standards of care as well as policies and procedures.
- Develop measures to promote and maintain patient, visitor and personal safety and confidentiality; respecting the rights, privacy and property of others.
- Assist as needed in the orientation and training of new and tenured patient access staff and serve as a resource to others under the supervision of the Patient Financial Services supervisor.
- Actively participate in team development, achieving dashboards and in accomplishing department goals and objectives.
- Accept delegated responsibilities on assigned shift
What qualifications & experience do you need?
* High School or Equivalent - Required
* Computer skills
* Medical Terminology
About Lakeland Regional Health:
Lakeland Regional Health is a large, globally recognized, award winning, integrated healthcare system located in Central Florida. LRH is a not-for-profit facility which provides healthcare to everyone, regardless of status. Our 864-bed main Lakeland campus is one of the largest hospitals in the state of Florida and also operates the busiest single-site Emergency Department in the nation.
As LRH continue to grow, the Women & Children Pavilion recently opened. The Pavilion is an eight story, 170 bed state of the art facility located at our main Lakeland Campus. The Women's and Children's facility offers medical attention that has not been previously offered in Polk County. Lakeland Regional Health is improving lives every day through safe and exceptional care, prevention and wellness, education and discovery.
What is it like to work for Lakeland Regional Health? Our Award Winning Workplace has achieved best workplace awards from Forbes, Becker's, and Gallup (among only 40 organizations world-wide); achieved "Most Wired Advance" Hospital (among only 16 hospitals in the nation); and earned a Leap Frog "A" Safety Rating. LRH has developed career ladders and internal training for you to elevate your career.
Please visit us at myLRH.org to learn more about the organization.
Apply today to learn more about this opportunity!
Internal Number: 6460
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health is committed to providing patient-focused, health care services while continuing to improve the quality of care to our patients, families, guests and physicians.