As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Responsible for organizing and operating the office systems related to appointment scheduling, patient intake including data verification, charge entry and cash collection, statistical tracking office communications, word processing and filing of patient records.
1. Greets patients and families at the clinical setting according to AIDET. Systematically checks families in and out (as applicable).
2. Establishes and maintains a professional demeanor by maintaining tact, understanding and confidentiality when dealing with patients, team members, health practitioners and the public.
3. Completes the front desk function in the module including but not limited to: • Systematically collects consents and other required documents (real-time) • Scans insurance cards and other important documents real-time • Collects and posts co-pays, any past due balances, and reconciles money at end of shift • Schedules follow up appointments (utilizes the I guide to determine participation) • Achieve a daily “after visit” verification (insurance and demographics) percentage of =>95%.Recurring monthly
4. Confirms authorization and/or collects referrals for the days’ visit.
5. Monitors and ensures patient safety, cleanliness and security of module.
6. Responsible for accurate status of appointments, differentiating versus cancellation.
7. Communicates with clinical staff as to the status of patients waiting more than ten minutes and advises of clinical progress. • Communicates status to families in the waiting area • Distributes drink and food vouchers as directed by the Supervisor, if applicable
8. Maintains patient confidentiality. • Requests a picture id 100% of the time during initial check in
9. Responsible for participating in departmental and hospital programs for continuous quality and performance improvement and works with department management to improve the services provided.
10. Participates in hospital-wide Risk Management Program concerning patient/visitor safety, incident reporting, etc.
11. Demonstrates computer competency – including but not limited to, scheduling walk-in visits, appointments cancellation and order entry for clinical system, use of I guide, EOD status changes, work queue processing, linking referrals, posting “other” payments, use of scanner device and electronic insurance verifications
12. Reports any area of concern to immediate supervisor.
13. Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory of clerical supplies.
14. Adheres to the Nemours Standards of Behaviors at all times.
15. Completes all mandatory education in a timely manner.
16. Utilizes professionally appropriate communication skills for telephone conversations (tone, Volume, confidentiality, etc. and participates in customer service training as necessary).
17. Accepts assignments and travel to Newtown Square office as needed
Additional Responsibilities:1. Gives accurate information 2. Accepts and gives feedback 3. Asks questions when uncertain 4. Sets priorities 5. Makes suggestions 6. Facilitates team approach 7. Shows willingness to accept change 8. Builds and fosters professional relationships 9. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital services and policies 10. Stays current on technological aspect of position 11. Uses effective listening/communication skills 12. Identifies customers and responds to customer inquiry appropriately 13. Manages resources prudently, shares when available and necessary 14. Works independently 15. Thinks proactively 16. Takes direction 17. Recognizes the importance of process 18. Manages time efficiently
Education and Training:
A. High School Diploma or equivalent. B. Previous experience in a hospital or physician’s office setting.
II. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications A. None III. Other Requirements A. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of every child to be a sacred trust. Through family-centered care in our children’s hospitals and clinics in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, as well as world-changing research, education and advocacy, Nemours fulfills the promise of a healthier tomorrow for all children — even those who may never enter our doors. Nemours began more than 70 years ago with the vision of Alfred I. duPont to improve the lives of children and to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. Today, through our children’s hospitals and health system, we directly care for 250,000 children annually in Delaware Valley and Florida, including families who travel from across the country and world to see our specialists — treating every child as we would our own. We also reach beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics to be a voice for children on a national and international level, and to lead the way in prevention, intervention, education, and research. Nemours is growing to better serve the children and families in our ca...re. We have 1.1 million square feet of space currently devoted to providing children’s healthcare or under construction, all designed with significant input and advice from our patients and families.