The Clinical Associate is a full time ambulatory pediatrician with a commitment to medical education at the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Children's Medical Practice. Our goal is to deliver patient and family-centered primary care that shapes the standard of excellence in pediatric clinical care delivery in a community hospital based outpatient clinic. Our patient population is very diverse and many patients' parents have Limited English Proficiency. We are part of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and Clinical Associates participate in a variety of teaching and quality improvement activities.
1. Responsibilities include providing primary care as well as diagnosis, treatment and management of acute illnesses in pediatric patients who present to clinic with a focus on continuity of care and creating longitudinal relationships with patients and their families.
2. Responsibilities also include teaching and precepting residents during continuity clinic and medical students during their pediatric outpatient rotation.
3. Further responsibilities will include participation in departmental meetings/conferences as scheduled and contribution towards the departmental goals and objectives.
4. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, billing for services, written documentation and dictation, coordinating specialty care and speaking with consultants for patients, addressing patient issues over the phone, filling prescriptions and patient paperwork.
5. Compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements and maintenance of certification.
Qualifications for this position include:
Three Years Pediatric Residency
MD Degree, Board Certified or Board Eligible Pediatrician.
Spanish language proficiency required as demonstrated by the passing the CCLA Spanish Proficiency test administered by ALTA.
To apply for this position, click on the blue Apply Now button or access this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/58712
This posting is open until filled.
Internal Number: A-58712-14
About Johns Hopkins University
Johns Hopkins University remains committed to its founding principle, that education for all students should be grounded in exploration and discovery. Hopkins students are challenged not just to learn but also to advance learning itself. Critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, and entrepreneurship are all encouraged and nourished in this unique educational environment. After more than 130 years, Johns Hopkins remains a world leader in both teaching and research. Faculty members and their research colleagues at the university's Applied Physics Laboratory have each year since 1979 won Johns Hopkins more federal research and development funding than any other university. The university has nine academic divisions and campuses throughout the Baltimore-Washington area. The Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, the Whiting School of Engineering, the School of Education and the Carey Business School are based at the Homewood campus in northern Baltimore. The schools of Medicine, Public Health, and Nursing share a campus in east Baltimore with The Johns Hopkins Hospital. The Peabody Institute, a leading professional school of music, is located on Mount Vernon Place in downtown Bal...timore. The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies is located in Washington's Dupont Circle area.