Work Type: Active - Benefit Eligible and Accrues Time Off Exempt: No
Work Schedule: Flexible Hours and/or Flexible Schedule Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: 80
Shift Time: 6 AM - 4:30 PM Location: Medical Center, US:FL:Lakeland
Lakeland Regional Health is searching for a Surgical Technologist in the Main OR to join our team!
What we are looking for in Surgical Technologist:
* Performs surgical/technical duties while maintaining asepsis and safety in the care of patients, in compliance with the hospital's standards
* Demonstrates knowledge and skills required to scrub the surgical procedure along with checking the surgeon's preference for supplies/equipment in order to facilitate smooth running of the Operating Room
* Anticipates the needs of surgeon according to procedure and maintains correct counts of sponges, needles, and instruments with the circulating nurse
* Responsible for proper handling and identification of specimens on the surgical field
* Collaborates with team members and focuses practitioners to recommend changes in policies, procedures, and physicians' preference cards and participates in the implementation
* Performs patient care activities according to unit policy procedures
* Identifies and facilitates opportunities for improvement in the areas of quality care and services, stewardship, employee engagement, communication, accountability and customer satisfaction
Live Our Promises
- To treasure all people all uniquely created
- To nurture, educate and guide with integrity
- To inspire each and every one of us to do our very best
Develop and Promote Caring Relationships
- Caring for self
- Caring for each other
- Caring for patients and families
- Caring for communities
Exhibit professional conduct and appearance in adherence with all applicable policies.
If this sounds like you apply today to take the next steps towards your career with Lakeland Regional Health! Together we will improve the lives of our community.
Qualified candidates will have:
* High School Diploma or GED
* Completion of Accredited Operating Room Technologist course or equivalent training
* Certified Surgical Technologist (NBSTA)
* Meet 30 Minute Call Expectation (Level II Trauma Center)
* One to three years in acute care Operating Room setting (preferred but not necessary)
About Lakeland Regional Health:
Lakeland Regional Health is a large, globally recognized, award winning, integrated healthcare system located in Central Florida. LRH is a not-for-profit facility which provides healthcare to everyone, regardless of status. Our 864-bed main Lakeland campus is one of the largest hospitals in the state of Florida and also operates the busiest single-site Emergency Department in the nation.
As LRH continue to grow, the Women & Children Pavilion recently opened. The Pavilion is an eight story, 170 bed state of the art facility located at our main Lakeland Campus. The Women's and Children's facility offers medical attention that has not been previously offered in Polk County. Lakeland Regional Health is improving lives every day through safe and exceptional care, prevention and wellness, education and discovery.
What is it like to work for Lakeland Regional Health? Our Award Winning Workplace has achieved best workplace awards from Forbes, Becker's, and Gallup (among only 40 organizations world-wide); achieved "Most Wired Advance" Hospital (among only 16 hospitals in the nation); and earned a Leap Frog "A" Safety Rating. LRH has developed career ladders and internal training for you to elevate your career.
Please visit us at myLRH.org to learn more about the organization.
Internal Number: 6760
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health is committed to providing patient-focused, health care services while continuing to improve the quality of care to our patients, families, guests and physicians.