**Inova Fairfax Hospital is seeking a full-time, night shift Registered Nurse Unit Supervisor on the Adolescent Psychiatry Unit**
This position is 3 x 12 hour shifts per week, 7:00pm to 7:00am
Opened in 2018 on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, the inpatient adolescent psychiatric unit provides care for adolescents (ages 14-17) who require stabilization and short-term treatment for emotional, behavioral and psychological needs. This unit has 15 beds: 13 private rooms and 2 semi-private rooms. Our treatment team provides 24-hour care within a supportive environment. Previous Psychiatric or Pediatric experience is preferred.
Specific conditions and needs we can assist with include:
* Aggressive behavior
* Extreme changes in sleeping or eating habits
* Suicidal and homicidal thoughts or behaviors
* Dangerous to themselves or others
* Depression, anxiety
* Panic attacks, phobias, or obsessive behaviors
* Bipolar disorder
* Extreme mood swings and hyperactivity
* Prolonged sadness or crying
* Self-harming behaviors (i.e. cutting, burning, and pulling out hair)
* Unable to provide for their own health and safety
* Psychological concerns related to trauma (i.e. nightmares, flashbacks, and irritability)
* Withdrawal from friends
* In need of diagnostic treatment services that can only be obtained in an inpatient setting
* Behaviorally or emotionally dysfunctional behavior to a degree requiring the structural boundaries of hospitalization
The Registered Nurse Unit Supervisor on the Adolescent Psychiatry Unit:
* Oversees unit clinical operations including staffing, supervision of employees, and unit safety.
* Reports to Director Psychiatry/SA.
* Should have at least 1 year of In-Patient RN charge or management experience with at least one year IP adolescent psychiatry or a behavioral health setting or equivalent adolescent experience 2.
* Aptitude and desire to work with adolescent patients and their families.
The Inova Registered Nurse Unit Supervisor: * Front line leader who is accountable for delivering highly reliable results related to Quality and Best Practices to improve clinical operation of the unit; embraces, uses and understands the research behind nursing practice and quality tools. Supports unit-based shared governance and decentralized decision-making structures and processes. * Role model who leads by example in delivering Service Always and in making Patient Experience a priority on unit(s) of responsibility. Seeks every opportunity to meet the unique needs of each person we are privileged to serve-every time, every touch. Ensures that care is patient-centered. * Continually pursues activities that will ensure smooth clinical operations/flow and compliance with Inova's goals of providing safe, equitable, patient-centered, timely, efficient and effective care in a holistic and evidence-based practice environment. Values and promotes collegial working relationships within and among disciplines. * Engaged team member who is empowered to support our People priority by providing genuine acts of caring, appreciation, recognition, coaching, mentoring and encouragement to all members of the care team in order to further enculturate Inova's Care Delivery Model and results for all of Inova's strategic priorities. communicates effectively and supports production of an environment of mutual trust.
Internal Number: 53028BR
About Inova Health System
Inova is a global leader in personalized health, which leverages precision medicine to predict, prevent and treat disease, enabling individuals to live longer, healthier lives. At Inova, we serve more than two million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova's mission is to improve the health of the diverse community it serves through excellence in patient care, education and research. At Inova, more than 16,000 employees demonstrate their commitment every day to providing the community with expert, world-class, compassionate patient care.