Attending Psychiatrist Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (BCHO)
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for full time BE/BC child and adolescent psychiatrists. Positions will be filled at the Instructor to Full Professor rank in a series commensurate with experience. We are expanding our system of care, and are seeking passionate child and adolescent psychiatrists whose values and clinical practice support our mission to protect and advance the health and well-being of children and to eliminate healthcare disparities through clinical care, teaching and research.
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland is a tertiary care medical center that will offer the suitable candidate a rare opportunity to work collaboratively with pediatricians and behavioral health clinicians in a variety of settings, including behavioral health integration models within primary care and school-based clinics
• Physician applicants for the Attending Psychiatrist role must have an MD or equivalent; be board certified/board eligible in Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry; licensed to practice medicine in California at time of appointment; and, have demonstrated clinical and educational experience in child and adolescent psychiatry Note: Candidate’s CV and/or cover letter must list qualifications (or if pending) upon submission
• Demonstrated clinical and educational experience, scholarship, and management skills in child and adolescent psychiatric services
• Demonstrated teaching ability
• Demonstrated interest, commitment, and cultural competence in working with culturally diverse patient population
Provide child and adolescent psychiatric services in the UCSF Department of Psychiatry such as:
• Consultation: Collaborative care with medical providers on an inpatient, outpatient primary care, and emergency room settings.
• Outpatient: The primary area of clinical practice will be at Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland Department of Psychiatry outpatient psychiatry with a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, and other mental health clinicians, with significant teaching opportunity.
Additional services: May include school-based clinics and telephonic consultation
• Serve as a Child and Adolescent Attending Psychiatrist
• Engage in innovation and continual improvements in clinical and educational programs
• Engage in clinical scholarship
• Participate in teaching, supervision and assessment of trainees; collaborate with training program directors in clinical curricular development for medical students, residents, child psychiatry fellows, psychology interns, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students in a variety of disciplines
Please apply online at https://apptrkr.com/1850766.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.