As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant to work 4 days a week/ 32 hours to support our outpatient Clinics in Seaford and Dover. The days of the week may vary based upon patient needs.
The Medical Assistant will provide assistance to members of the medical staff caring for Cardiac patients primarily in our Outpatient clinics in Seaford and Dover. There could be opportunities for other DE locations as needed. This assistance will include, but is not limited to data collection for patient assessment, assisting with provider/patient needs during procedures and basic documentation of patient encounter. This individual will also be responsible for performing electrocardiograms and Holter placement.
Essential Responsibilities - Clinical
1. Perform and document vital signs adapting basic procedure to patient medical needs and developmental stage.
2. Assist physicians and other members of the medical staff with procedures that occur in the Outpatient setting.
3. Transcribe, collect, label and arrange transport for lab specimens according to policy. Perform and document Point of Care Testing for the medical staff.
4. Participates in the department’s program to ensure continuous quality assessment and improvement in patient care activities.
5. Cleans equipment and stores Cardiac specific equipment before leaving office.
Essential Responsibilities - Clerical
1. Greets patients, documents in EMR, and gets patient ready for visit by appointment type and any other specific Cardiac needs.
2. Maintain needed clerical, clinical and linen supplies in work area.
3. Promote a professional and caring environment at all times for customer. Meets behavior standards set by Nemours at all times.
4. Notifies IVR for authorizations of ancillary services and follow-up visits from appropriate insurance carriers.
5. Monitor and ensure patient safety, cleanliness and security of module.
6. Ensure that all patients receive necessary information in clinic as to who will be responsible for their care and how the clinic works.
7. Check status of patients waiting more than 10 minutes and advise of progress.
8. Self-directed in work area; seeks out and performs meaningful work during patient downtime. Offer assistance to others.
9. Computer Competencies in EPIC-EMR, and network.
10. Maintains patient confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines.
11. Participates in hospital-wide Risk Management Program regarding patient/visitor safety, variance reporting, and RCAs.
12. Participates in Environment of Care survey for JCAHO readiness and preparedness.
High School Diploma
Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
Current BLS through American Heart Association.
Medical Assistant Certification: acceptable certifications are Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) and Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA). Certification must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
1-3 years of job related experience
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of every child to be a sacred trust. Through family-centered care in our children’s hospitals and clinics in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, as well as world-changing research, education and advocacy, Nemours fulfills the promise of a healthier tomorrow for all children — even those who may never enter our doors. Nemours began more than 70 years ago with the vision of Alfred I. duPont to improve the lives of children and to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. Today, through our children’s hospitals and health system, we directly care for 250,000 children annually in Delaware Valley and Florida, including families who travel from across the country and world to see our specialists — treating every child as we would our own. We also reach beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics to be a voice for children on a national and international level, and to lead the way in prevention, intervention, education, and research. Nemours is growing to better serve the children and families in our ca...re. We have 1.1 million square feet of space currently devoted to providing children’s healthcare or under construction, all designed with significant input and advice from our patients and families.