At Banner - University Medical Group (BUMG), we're creating a world class medical organization that brings together a leadership team committed to a physician-focused structure, while navigating the challenges of moving from a volume-based to value-based health care system.
The Family Medical Clinic treats all ages of patients from pre-natal/newborn to geriatrics. This is an extremely busy, primary care clinic caring for a variety of medical issues. We have 18 faculty physicians, 2 Nurse Practitioners and 24 residents. The clinic also has an Addiction Medicine clinic in addition to the main Family Medicine clinic. This Administrative MA position will provide panel management for ACO Metrics and preventative care strategies.
This is a full time (40 hours/week), day shift position: Monday-Friday 8:00A-5:00P.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix PBCs Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for performing administrative tasks (indirect care) that support the care team in providing direct medical care. This position utilizes the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and external resources or tools to provide a complete assessment of the patient's health status, which includes identifying care gaps prior to the patient encounter. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment and communication skills to assure that patients get the indicated care when and where they need and want it, in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner. Patient outreach is a critical component of this position, highlighting the medical background and communication skills necessary.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs chart prep prior to a scheduled patient visit to ensure care is coordinated.
2. Identifies any care gaps based on preventative and maintenance care guidelines by obtaining test and results from community organizations, health plans, facilities and specialists. Utilizes evidence based guidelines and standing orders as appropriate.
3. Utilizes EHR to provide outreach for patients in respective preventative care, chronic care, specific medications, high risk patients, and those not seen recently in the clinic.
4. Runs reports and actively works them to close care gaps. Communicates findings to care team prior to or during daily huddle.
5. Reviews performance with care team and identifies areas for improvement based on results of clinical performance. Monitors improvement efforts and provides input on how to meet goals.
6. Maintains clinical skills and provides direct patient care on an as needed basis. Completes all necessary on-boarding/orientation activities, including simulation training, as needed or directed. Participates in Annual Clinical Education Days (ACED).
7. This position works under general supervision. This position interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with physician's offices in order to report, ask for or clarify information. Prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the response of the patient and or family to changes in health status.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Knowledge as normally obtained through graduation from an Accredited Medical Assisting Program. Completion of an approved medical assistant training program as defined by state regulations.
Medical Assistant Certification is required. If certification is not in hand at the time of hire, individuals will have 6 months from the date of hire to obtain certification. If not eligible for MA certification at the time of hire, must complete CEUs for ABR-OE, which meets CMS requirements for Meaningful Use. All direct patient care personnel are required to demonstrate competent performance of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (BLS) techniques for adults, children and infants according to the standards of a nationally recognized, standardized, credentialed healthcare provider course every other year.
Requires strong computer skills, including the ability to work with medical software. Requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion
Experience with office medical procedures and treatments and knowledge of insurance, managed care operations, EMR and scheduling software preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R5199
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.