Registered Nurse Clinical Education Specialist AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
· Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
· Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
· Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
· Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time/ Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Develops, implements, and evaluates curriculum for organizational initiatives and programs.
Develops, implements, and evaluates targeted educational offerings in response to trends identified via quality reporters, and based on identified educational needs and staff/leadership requests..
Analyzes the assessment data to determine the target audience and the learner needs.
Analyzes content of educational materials for best-practice or evidence-based practice.
Identifies the general purpose and educational objectives for each learning activity as evidenced by clearly defined objectives and purpose for the learning activity. Identifies expected outcomes that incorporate scientific evidence and are achievable through implementation of evidence-based practices.
Participates in and uses evidence-based research to identify strategies for improving professional development activities, nursing practice and patient outcomes
Participates in research activities appropriate to level of education and experience.
Identifies and collaborates with content experts to develop activities to facilitate learners’ achievement of the educational objectives. Leads a team or committee in the development of an evidence-based protocol or program, either within area of specialty or organization wide.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of program development, educational assessment, planning, and evaluation.
· Knowledge of Joint Commission standards.
· Knowledge of evidence-based practice and the adult learner.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Knowledge of the creation/facilitation of new hire training programs and competencies, preceptor programs, and RN residency program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
· Master’s Degress in Nursing or other health-related field
· Three years of acute experience
· Membership in professional organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Critical Care experience
· 5 years acute care experience
· Experience with local clinical school affiliations
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Florida, or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
· ACLS Certification
· BLS Certification
· PALS & NRP (only for pediatrics and women’s health)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· ACLS instructor
· BLS instructor
· PALS instructor
· Ceritification in specialty area (CCRN, PCCN, etc.)
The Clinical Education Specialist plans, teaches, and evaluates programs for all clinical staff. Responsible for orientation development, implementation, and evaluation. Participates in organizational teams and committees that plan, evaluate and implement educational offerings and programs that promote increased skill, knowledge, and professional development. Provides expertise in the development of educational offerings and implementation of educational programs. Acts as liaison to local schools of nursing and provides input for student clinical experiences. Participates in and uses evidence-based practice and research to promote professional development. Works with clinical managers and interdisciplinary professionals to identify education need. Implements programs to meet clinical staff educational needs. Promotes staff development and advancement of professional practice.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.