This position will be responsible for serving as the central access point for referring providers and assisting in meeting key service and financial pillar goals. Utilizes appropriate protocols and resources, critical thinking, and decision-making skills to navigate the patient through service lines to receive care for referred services. Captures patient level demographics, insurance eligibility, and registration details and authorizations prior to service completion. Tests and refines new technology and workflows within PAS to ensure strategic alignment across service lines and in support of the organization's goals.
Reports directly to the Referral Management Supervisor and will align to all individual performance expectations including, but not limited to, attendance and punctuality, adherence, call metrics, compliance, and registration accuracy. Position supports all aspects of patient coordination and barrier identification to support continuous growth in new patient external referrals and creating a competitive market for our patients and providers.
This position will serve in a complete remote setup and will operate within a virtual setting
Day Shift/ Non-Exempt Position
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Additional Key Elements/ Responsibilities:
* Serves as the decision-making resource and utilizes critical thinking to analyze the needed coordination for patient care associated across multidisciplinary departments
* Facilitates timely and efficient referrals and follow up with patients.
* Verifies insurance eligibility for all new patients entering VUMC through RMC via automated insurance plan eligibility databases
* Provides patient estimates based on coverage to support expectation of financial responsibilities
* Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service and quality care provisions.
* Maintains effective communication
* Aligns to all HIPAA guidelines
* Conducts outreach efforts with referring providers to provide status updates
* Completes documentation, including demographics and referral information notes and orders.
* Escalates barriers to scheduling timely care and navigation for patients.
* Monitors messages from internal partners surrounding patient needs according to the level of urgency defined
* Mentors and assists new and existing staff by educating others on area-specific knowledge, skills and tools, and departmental processes.
* Participates in PAS departmental workgroups to support continuous improvement in workflows and new technologies
* Communicates overall satisfaction from patients and referring providers through a partnered support from RMC Supervisor and Operations Manager
* Advanced knowledge in designated telephony platform use and functions
* Delivering Excellent Customer Service:
Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
* Fostering Innovation:
Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
* Communicator - excellent verbal, written, professional communication skills.
* High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 3 years relevant experience
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.