Facilities University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet(tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position ensures that the organization is compliant with state health department requirements, policies and procedures of EMS/prehospital care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Participates in hospital and medical staff meetings as required, including but not limited to AZ Emergency Medical Services (AEMS), diversion task force, police, fire, ambulance companies, urgent care centers, and skilled nursing facilities.
2. Maintains current knowledge of the JACHO, CMS, and state health department regulatory requirements. Serves as a resource for staff positions and clinical directors of emergency centers regarding regulations. Oversees Pre-hospital contracts for Compliance.
3. Completes and compiles the required and requested reports and record keeping as needed. Reports include but are not limited to EMS diversion reports and Ryan White reports.
4. May work with pre-hospital providers to coordinate or provide education which may include core and/or protocol competency, continuing education, and base station orientation.
5. Provides continuing education to staff and physicians as it relates to prehospital protocol and communication tools including radio competency and etiquette, including Emergency Management Resource System, patient tracking, program updates, bed count, and diversion. Oversees maintenance of communication equipment.
6. Provides appropriate follow-up for staff, physicians and EMS agencies. Oversees problem resolution process for identified issues.
7. Develops and implements Emergency Medical Services policy and procedures for Banner Health. Reviews policies and procedures annually.
8. Oversees Quality Management program as required by contracts. Conducts quality review of prehospital patient care and communication, including random tape review, for the standard of care protocol compliance and patient satisfaction.
9. Exhibits behaviors and actions which create a high level of patient/customer satisfaction, which contributes to positive patient/customer relations and which reflect respect for the patient's/customer's rights, needs and confidentiality. Demonstrates effective communication and human relations skills which promote harmony and teamwork. Presents behaviors and actions which maintain the hospital's credibility, integrity and positive image. Provides liaison contact between the medical center and the community resources.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess current ACLS and PALS certification.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of emergency management as normally demonstrated through at least 5 years experience of clinical leadership in an emergency department. Assumes responsibility for the safety of patients and customers. Requires strong oral and written communication skills. Must have working knowledge of EMS operations. Requires strong teaching skills. Exhibits flexibility and the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment or work schedule. Maintains strict confidentiality in accordance with all organizational policies.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS RN, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, or EMT/paramedic with emergency department experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R22910
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.