Location Address:1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas
Top Quality outcomes
Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
Leadership is accessible
Located on the Gulf of Mexico
You Will Be Responsible For:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. The professional Registered Nurse demonstrates autonomy by making sound judgements and critical decisions in clinical practice and determines for self and staff growth and development needs.
2. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of patients served. Identifies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient. Possess the ability to assess data and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age specific needs. Provides the care/services needed as described in the policies and procedures for the following age groups:
Neonatal Birth to 4 weeks (Women’s Center Only)
Infant 4 weeks to 1 year (ED/OCC)
Pediatric 1 year to 12 years (ED/OCC)
Adolescent: 13 years to 17 years (ED/OCC)
Adult: 18 years to 64 years
Geriatric: 65 + years
3. The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age specific competency assessments.
4. Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
5. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and communicate patient care needs for the adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient.
6. Data collection concerning the health status of the patient is precise, continuous, accessible, readable, communicated and recorded.
7. Nursing diagnosis are utilized to reflect patient problems which are derived from data collection specific for the age of the patient.
8. The nursing care plan includes priorities, prescribed nursing approaches and measures to achieve goals derived from patient needs, and resolution of approaches and goals.
9. Encourages patients toward age specific independence via participation in recovery, education, and discharge planning.
10. The nursing care plan includes priorities, prescribed nursing approaches and measures to achieve goals derived from patient needs, and resolution of approaches and goals.
11. Encourages patients toward age specific independence via participation in recovery, education, and discharge planning.
12. The patient, family and nurse identify progress in goal achievement and reassessment of outcomes.
13. Accepts accountability for professional standards, own competence, and patient outcomes.
14. Coordinates patient care and offers assistance to others.
15. Fosters the development of other team members by establishing and maintaining open communication and follow-up/support of patient care activities.
16. Directs team activities and demonstrates a positive attitude towards all customers: patients, families, employees, physicians, and students.
17. Participates in unit specific and multi-disciplinary Performance Improvement activities at the Hospital/Unit-based level.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Excellent Organization and interpersonal communication skills
Basic computer skills
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Problem solving and critical thinking skills
Organizational Skills, ability to prioritize
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
Previous Experience with Cerner Electronic Medical Record
Previous EKG Interpretation Class
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
BSN and/or MSN
2-4 years relevant clinical nurse experience preferred
Med/Surg, PCU, ACLS, PALS, as defined by unit competencies
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
Current Basic Life Support within 90 days of hire.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.