Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Employee Referral Program
Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Week 1: Monday – Friday 7am - 3:30pm
Week2: Monday - Thursday 7am-3:30pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
Utilizes excellent interpersonal skills to deal with challenging situations while maintaining strong supportive relationships. Readily available for questions; handles requests in a courteous and respectful manner.
Communicates effectively, both written and verbally.
Demonstrates a proactive attitude and seeks to remedy situations before mistakes are made or corrects errors when found; takes responsibility for the overall “quality image” of the department.
Assists in efforts to improve and streamline the process and workflow of the department.
Demonstrates the ability to set appropriate priorities.
Recognizes how absence impacts the functioning of the healthcare team and strives to minimize this effect.
When requested, is willing to adjust personal schedule in order to complete workload when necessary
Acts as personal secretary, handling all correspondence, appointments and other duties relating to this position for the Department Administrative Director
Conserves the department members and Director’s time by anticipating needs and researching questions.
Updates, prepares and prints all annual performance evaluations and distributes documents to associates. Keeps track of all forms to ensure they are returned on a timely basis.
Assists with payroll maintenance.
· Maintains an organized work flow system.
· Prioritizes workload to meet deadlines.
· Maintains an organized filing system
· Provides documents that are attractively formatted and without typographical/grammatical errors.
· Seeks improvement in time management and enhanced support services provided.
· Meets deadlines for routine and special projects for the department
· Maintains confidentiality of director’s files, personnel records, quality and risk management records (including peer review documents) and medical records according to policy.
· Manages and processes department mail
· Maintains and orders supplies for the department.
· Resource for the department related to clerical functions: typing, filing, coordinating meetings including room set-up, catering, agendas, minutes, simple data tabulation, and assistance in preparing presentations, etc.
What You Will Need:
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience
The Administrative Secretary is responsible to provide clerical support and organization to the department. It requires the ability to handle secretarial duties of a complex nature. This position requires the ability to make independent judgments of an administrative nature at the discretion of or in the absence of Director. The ability to create, design, organize and maintain workable files and record-keeping systems is essential. The ability to interact with a wide variety of people, to set priorities, have flexibility in work patterns, discretion, initiative, and self-discipline are traits of prime importance.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.