Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you!
Join our Cancer Services at Banner University Medical Center Tucson! Banner University Medical Center Tucson offers a wide range of medical and surgical care options. The one that's right for you depends on your cancer type and its stage. That's why we use the latest technology to detect cancer as early as possible. In addition to treatment options, we also offer many support services for patients and their families. We work closely with you to create a care plan that meets your unique needs. Our treatment services include: Blood and marrow transplantation, Chemotherapy and biologic therapy, Clinical research trials, Genetic counseling and testing, Interventional radiology, and Radiation therapy. At Banner University Medical Center Tucson, you'll also benefit from our integrative services. These services are available to support your whole health during and after your cancer treatment .
Our Physicist team supports our safety checking to ensure that treatment delivery is appropriate for our oncology patients. This position will encompass both our main location and our new Orange Grove satellite clinic.
Hours will be mon-Fri 8a-5p, with occasional weekend/flexed hours
University Medical Center Tucson PBCs Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patientcare, teaching future health-care professionals andconducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for itsspecialized pediatric services including neonatal andintensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is SouthernArizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we carefor the most critically injured patients. The hospital isconsistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in theprestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & WorldReport. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful carehas been recognized with Magnet (tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital'sphysicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty servicesinclude comprehensive heart and cancer care, advancedneuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplantprogram.
POSITION SUMMARY This position under supervision provides physics services by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Verifies proper operation and safety of all machines and sources producing radiation in accordance with established guidelines and protocols.
2. Performs measurements or other evaluations as necessary to ensure accurate dose delivery for treatments. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
3. Provides support and assistance in delivery of all radiation therapy treatments, including advanced specialized therapies. Assists in or performs computer treatment planning as needed. Assists in the evaluation and implementation of new therapies and protocols. Serves as a physics services resource for all staff.
4. Assists in staff continuing education on appropriate medical physics and radiation safety procedures as needed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
5. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Ensures all radiation safety standards and regulatory requirements are met.
6. Participates in regular quality assurance reviews. Ensures proper documentation is recorded and maintained.
7. Under supervision performs procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of radiation oncology, nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Masters Degree or PH.D. in Medical Physics or other related discipline is required.
Must be eligible for certification from the American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic Radiological Physics or equivalent within 4 years of hire and licensure by the state regulatory agency where required. BLS certification.
Must possess knowledge in medical physics including regulations governing the use of radiation in medicine, advanced computer skills, advanced treatment planning, and quality control procedures. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R25304
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.