Location Address:1395 S Pinellas Avenue, Tarpon Springs, Florida 34689
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth North Pinellas:
Up to $35K sign on bonus and relocation incentives
Top Quality outcomes
Nurse Excellence Committee (NEC)/Governance
Leadership is accessible
Located on the Gulf of Mexico
Full Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. The professional Registered Nurse demonstrates autonomy by making sound judgements and critical decisions in clinical practice and determines for self and staff growth and development needs.
2. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services appropriate to the age of patients served. Identifies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of the patient. Possess the ability to assess data and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs. Provides the care/services needed as described in the policies and procedures for the following age groups:
Neonatal Birth to 4 weeks (Women’s Center Only)
Infant 4 weeks to 1 year (ED/OCC)
Pediatric 1 year to 12 years (ED/OCC)
Adolescent 13 years to 17 years (ED/OCC)
Adult 18 years to 64 years
Geriatric 65 + years
3. The level of knowledge and skill are maintained through position specific criteria-based job performance standards and age-specific competency assessments.
4. Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
5. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and communicate patient care needs for the adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
6. Data collection concerning the health status of the patient is precise, continuous, accessible, readable, communicated and recorded.
7. Nursing diagnoses are utilized to reflect patient problems which are derived from data collection specific for the age of the patient.
8. The nursing care plan includes priorities, prescribed nursing approaches and measures to achieve goals derived from patient needs, and resolution of approaches and goals.
9. Encourages patients toward age-specific independence via participation in recovery, education and discharge planning.
10. The nursing care plan includes priorities, prescribed nursing approaches and measures to achieve goals derived from patient needs, and resolution of approaches and goals.
11. The patient, family and nurse identify progress in goal achievement and reassessment of outcomes.
12. Accepts accountability for professional standards, own competence and patient outcomes.
13. Coordinates patient care and offers assistance to others.
14. Fosters the development of other team members by establishing and maintaining open communication and follow-up/support of patient care activities.
15. Directs team activities and demonstrates a positive attitude towards all customers: patients, families, employees, physicians and students.
16. Participates in unit-specific and multi-disciplinary Performance Improvement activities at the Hospital/Unit-based level.
Responsible for coaching, counseling, evaluating staff under their supervision.
Develops annual staff goals and meets with staff regularly to assist in accomplishing and evaluating results.
Consults with Department Director in the selection of new staff.
Approves staff time off requests
Approves bi-weekly timesheets and timecard corrections.
Initiates requisitions for new or replacement staff.
Engages with staff under their supervision to ensure customer service standards are met.
Interacts regularly with staff to maximize engagement and retention of staff
Meets frequently with new staff during initial period of employment to assist with new team member integration into team.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Excellent Organization and interpersonal communication skills
Basic computer skills
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Problem solving and critical thinking skills
Organizational Skills, ability to prioritize
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
Previous Experience with Cerner Electronic Medical Record
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
ADN, diploma and/or BSN and/or MSN.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
2-4 years relevant clinical charge nurse experience
Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure
from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement
Current Basic Life Support
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Med/Surg and/or PCU certification
The Team Leader Supervisor supervises, coordinates and performs patient care delivery on assigned nursing unit and meets Standards of Nursing Care for assigned shift. Is responsible for coordinating and planning assigned shift activities to ensure standards of patient care are met. Acts as a clinical resource and role model. Participates in conducting performance appraisals for personnel on assigned shift.
In the performance of delivery of patient care, the Team Leader Supervisor adheres to the job description and qualifications of the Registered Nurse as follows:
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): “Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
3. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.”
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.