JOB SUMMARY: Coordinate and carryout inspections, routine maintenance and repair of systems and equipment for which the SER Shop has responsibility while ensuring correct and full performance by employee.
To support VUMC in being a world class university through effective, efficient and sustainable services. Facilities Management strives to set a standard of excellence in attracting talent and collaborating with our world class faculty, staff and students.
Installation, repair and maintenance of all aspects of the medical center:
Pneumatic tube system including but not limited to tube carrier delivery stations, multi-port diverters, central interchange systems (DAZZLE), operating software, etc.
Access control systems to including but not limited to badge reader systems, keypad systems, garage entry systems, etc.
Closed circuit camera system including but not limited to cameras, lenses, and media storage devices.
Automatic door operators to including but not limited to sliding doors, swing doors, revolving doors and power assist doors.
Fire alarm systems including but not limited to analog systems, addressable systems, pre-action systems, gaseous suppression systems, and dry systems.
Patient beds both electric and non-electric.
Sterile processing equipment including but not limited to aerator cabinets, autoclaves (both steam and electric), cart washers, and conveyor systems.
Heliport fuel delivery systems including but not limited to pumps, piping, alarm systems, underground storage tanks, user delivery systems, etc.
Medical gas storage and delivery systems including but not limited to medical gas delivery outlets of all types.
Bulk trash and linen delivery systems.
Medical waste sterilization system.
Process steam equipment or systems including but not limited to flow meters.
Assist Shop management in:
Interviewing prospective applicants.
Prioritizing and identifying major equipment that needs to be replaced/refurbishment with Capital Funds.
Adequate staffing levels are maintained at all times.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.