Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Our Endoscopy lab is a fast paced unit with a high volume of patients seen each day. We do a wide variety of procedures in our department ranging from diagnostic colonoscopies to advanced endoscopic procedures utilizing up to date and advanced technologies.
As a Health Unit Coordinator, you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our Endoscopy department! This position is full time 40 hr/week day shift, Monday- Friday 8am-4:30pm.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet(tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for a variety of administrative support functions and customer service for an assigned patient care area which promote an organized, efficient delivery of care to patients. The position facilitates communication between physicians, nurses and physicians, calls in Consults and acts as a liaison with all other internal departments and external contacts.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs receptionist/clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution.
2. Processes patient admissions, records bed assignments in system, makes face sheets and prints patient labels upon admission. Orders outside records from other facilities and Physician's offices.
3. Maintains a complete patient record with admission, transfer, and discharge information, progress notes, and consent forms. Ensures that all reports and chart forms are scanned or filed into the patient's record. Ensures that charting forms are labeled and accessible if they are needed. Maintains adequate supplies of frequently used, patient education materials. May be responsible for QC/validations.
4. Enters pending discharges into the system. Coordinates patient appointments for procedures and treatments that may be required prior to timely discharge. Processes patient discharges.
5. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery.
6. Monitors and tracks the use and whereabouts of electronic equipment such as patient ID scanners and lap top computers. Ensures that all are accounted for and in working order.
7. This position works under local supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with other health unit secretaries and other staff at all levels throughout the facility. Customers are patients, families, physicians, unit staff, case managers, patient service staff and medical records staff. Interacts with a wide variety of external customers.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 1 year of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, BTMC Behavioral, Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy is required. The position requires knowledge of commonly used office software and keyboarding skills.
Successful completion of an approved unit secretary program and BLS certification is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.