Child Life Gaming Tech Spec - FT - Days - Child Life Department - INTEGRIS Children's
Job Code: 6931
The Child Life Gaming Technology Specialist will collaborate with Certified Child Life Specialists in the management and implementation of in-person and virtual gaming, technology, and media arts. This position will apply basic technical skills and knowledge of operational processes to implement developmentally appropriate, play-based gaming and technology interventions for pediatric patients, siblings, and family members at the bedside, in various play spaces, and through virtual programming. The Child Life Gaming Technology Specialist will also enhance quality of patient care through gaming participation, documentation and communication with other members of the health care team. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Child Life Gaming Technology Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provide education to staff on the utilization of new technology; collaborate with child life on technology opportunities for patients and families
* Builds relationships and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop resources for and conduct program pilots with patients and families
* Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, updates and repairs child life gaming and technology systems and related peripheral equipment, collaborate with Information Services and Maintenance team members for effective implementation of patient centered technology.
* Works with patients and families to utilize available child life technology, create technology activities and opportunities
* Provide input to child life team members about observed specific needs of individual children; determine when the needs of individual children should be attended to by medical professionals and/or outside the general scope of the role of the gaming technology specialist
* Proactively round in hospital environment to identify and remediate patient technology needs and provide creative technology opportunities for patients and families.
* Provide guidance and supervision to community groups visiting the playroom(s) and virtual programming studio, as well as volunteers.
* Engage in research related to gaming and technology during hospitalization and impact on patient's hospitalization
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned, such as website updates, video/picture capturing and editing, social media maintenance, and other tasks assigned.
Reports to the Child Life Manager.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects) Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes Seeing: Yes Hearing: Yes Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* 1-year experience working children and families required.
* 1-year exceptional customer service skills, effective solution focused approaches to care delivery required.
* Two-year college course work in a related field or equivalent job experience preferred.
* 6 months experience in setting up and configuring gaming technology devices is preferred.
* Experience with IOS, Android and Window-based devices and programs preferred.
* Experience with Virtual Reality and AR technologies, game consoles, laptops, tablets preferred.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written).
* This job may require the incumbent to operate an INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Driver's License as well as, a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier, if needed.
Internal Number: 729696
About INTEGRIS Children's
INTEGRIS Health is the state's largest Oklahoma-owned health system with hospitals, rehabilitation centers, physician clinics, mental health facilities and home health agencies throughout much of the state.
The INTEGRIS Health mission: Partnering with people to live healthier lives.
To our patients, that means we will partner to provide unprecedented access to quality and compassionate health care. To you, it means some of the state's best career and development opportunities. With INTEGRIS Health, you will have a genuine chance to make a difference in your life and your career.