Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Experience in the Medicaid space, experience with working with members/families, identifies having knowledge in policy and procedures, lived or family experience, having helped someone with navigating the AHCCCS system.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position works within the Banner University Health Plan Complete Care program and provides individual assistance to members, families and caregivers to help identify and overcome barriers which may hinder quality care, access to care, and outcomes. The Member Advocate will maintain member rights by educating members, responding to member and family needs/questions/grievances, resolving any issues, connecting with crisis response services when appropriate, and providing linkages to services and supports. This position directly reports to the Member Advocacy Administrator.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Communicates and disseminates information to members and families to identify concerns and remove barriers that affect service delivery or member satisfaction. Serves as an advocate for members and/or their families to access Complete Care and community resources. Offers member and/or family education related to system changes, member rights, the grievance process, self-help skills, and self-advocacy skills. Education efforts will include one-on-one support, classroom style workshops, large presentations and forums, and community resource fairs. This includes supporting department outreach efforts by assisting with presentations on legislation, wellness and recovery, accessing services, use of self-help tools, etc.
2. Effectively interfaces and collaborates with providers and staff to identify solutions to care coordination, involving all team members as needed, and advocating on behalf of the member.
3. Cultivates and fosters collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders to address needs, identify gaps in care and connection to community-based resources, supports and services; builds longstanding relationships through participation in military and/or veteran coalitions, advisory councils and events.
4. Collaborates with the other Member Advocates within the advocacy program, including but not limited to Children's Rehabilitation Services Member Advocate, Adult Behavioral Health Member Advocate, Child Behavioral Health Member Advocate, and Veteran Advocate. Works collaboratively with the BUHP Complete Care Management team to ensure members are offered appropriate guidance, coaching, and care coordination related to self-management, advocacy, navigating complex systems, and communicating with their healthcare professionals. Works collaboratively with the Member Advocacy Council to identify and follow-up on issues and opportunities identified by the Council.
5. Tracks all member/family member needs and contacts. Trends needs to inform website and social media updates, network gaps, provider education needs, workforce development strategies, and quality management efforts.
6. Coordinates administrative functions, including but not limited to administering assessments, scheduling care team meetings and completing meeting agendas and minutes
7. This position works with a high degree of independence, with freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures. Majority of work is self-directed and independently executed from a work plan drive by ACC/Medicaid contract. This position confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. This position does not have budgetary responsibility. Facility and community based while remaining within budgetary allowances. Internal customers: Member Advocacy Administrator, Member Advocacy Council. External customers: Members, Family Members, Providers, AHCCCS, other Community Stakeholders.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Associate's degree or equivalent work experience.
Located in Arizona. One to two years of experience in healthcare member advocacy. Knowledge of existing community advocacy groups and ability to collaborate with multiple system stakeholders. Experience making decisions related to member care coordination throughout various facilities and with various specialty practices. Skills and experience in complex problem solving related to member experience and outcomes, human rights, and access to care.
Bachelors degree in Social Services. Experience in direct service delivery setting - especially offering case management and/or community health worker services. Experience delivering training in a group setting. Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.