Great options and great opportunities. At Banner we are tapestry of cultures, and experiences. A workforce that is honored to serve, and support the community. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
Our Emergency Department at Banner Baywood Medical Center is a very busy 69 bed Level III Trauma Center. We are a Certified Center of Excellence for Stroke, Chest Pain, Fractured Hip, and Pediatrics. We care for both adult and pediatric patient populations. Our multidisciplinary team consists of Sr Nurse Manager, RN, ED Tech, Paramedics, Case Management, Social Work, Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, and Pharmacy who are all dedicated to providing the highest quality of care possible to our patients.
Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Banner Baywood Medical Center is a 332-bed hospital serving the health care needs of the dynamic and growing East Valley communities of metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona. We provide complete acute care services including cancer, stroke, women's health, rehabilitation, emergency medicine and surgery. In addition, our orthopedic unit has earned repeated recognition as having one of the Top 100 Orthopaedic Programs in the U.S. by The Health Network and HCIA, Inc.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for a variety of administrative support functions and customer service for an assigned patient care area which promote an organized, efficient delivery of care to patients. The position facilitates communication between physicians, nurses and physicians, calls in Consults and acts as a liaison with all other internal departments and external contacts.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs receptionist/clerical duties to support overall operating efficiency and effective flow of communication and information throughout the department. Participates in the resolution of customer problems or collects necessary data and follows through to appropriate person for problem resolution.
2. Processes patient admissions, records bed assignments in system, makes face sheets and prints patient labels upon admission. Orders outside records from other facilities and Physician's offices.
3. Maintains a complete patient record with admission, transfer, and discharge information, progress notes, and consent forms. Ensures that all reports and chart forms are scanned or filed into the patient's record. Ensures that charting forms are labeled and accessible if they are needed. Maintains adequate supplies of frequently used, patient education materials. May be responsible for QC/validations.
4. Enters pending discharges into the system. Coordinates patient appointments for procedures and treatments that may be required prior to timely discharge. Processes patient discharges.
5. Maintains adequate levels of office, dietary, and medical supplies and completes requisition forms when supplies need to be ordered. Reconciles supply order upon delivery.
6. Monitors and tracks the use and whereabouts of electronic equipment such as patient ID scanners and lap top computers. Ensures that all are accounted for and in working order.
7. This position works under local supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with other health unit secretaries and other staff at all levels throughout the facility. Customers are patients, families, physicians, unit staff, case managers, patient service staff and medical records staff. Interacts with a wide variety of external customers.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 1 year of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, BTMC Behavioral, Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy is required. The position requires knowledge of commonly used office software and keyboarding skills.
Successful completion of an approved unit secretary program and BLS certification is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.