We are currently offering a $1,000.00 Sign On Bonus!!
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
The Environmental Services Department is made up of a diverse cultural team. This is a great opportunity into the healthcare industry. As a member of our team you will work with top of the line industry equipment and cleaning processes. As a Sr EVS Associate (Floor Tech) you will perform scheduled floor care procedures including dust mopping, mopping, stripping and refinishing, burnishing, and carpet extraction.
You will feel welcomed, appreciated and part of a family immediately your first day! As an EVS Associate you be helping people, build relationships and support the healing process. You will enhance your organizational skills, time management, communication and problem solving abilities.
Hours of this position are approx 11pm - 7:30am. You will also enjoy an 18% night shift differential, plus and additional $1.00/hour for all weekend hours/shifts.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position conducts heavy cleaning and floor care work such as carpet cleaning, stripping/refinishing hard floor surfaces, and special projects. Operates and maintains power cleaning equipment and responds to assigned service requests such as project cleaning, equipment removal, trash or linen removal. Sets an example of excellent customer service while maintaining a safe and clean environment and identifying safety issues related to housekeeping.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Responds promptly to all requests for cleaning services via computerized and paper based tracking systems. Conducts requested work, such as removal, replacement, cleaning of equipment and furniture, or cleaning of an area. Maintains reports by keeping task and infection control logs of completed daily tasks and events, and documentation required for the request tracking system. Focuses on, and serves as a role model of, responsive customer service.
2. Performs specialty cleaning and infection control functions in specialized areas such as clinical areas, surgical suite, Cath lab, specialty rooms, and sterile areas. Conduct specialized gowning and cleaning procedures specific to infectious elements in isolation rooms. Maintains proper Infection Control cleaning standards at all times, including hand hygiene requirements.
3. Maintains cleanliness and operational functioning of department equipment and notifies appropriate personnel of needed repairs. Protects equipment from damage by proper use and properly logs out and in equipment that is used.
4. Assesses environmental conditions to ensure that the facility is neat, clean, safe and orderly. Anticipates and resolves clutter and safety issues. Exercises judgment in deciding which problems need to be quickly referred to a Supervisor for assistance. Maintains communication with immediate supervisor and/or facilities services staff, about status of repair completion in the facility; follows up as assigned.
5. Provides leadership for less experienced associates. May assist with on-the-job training for other staff in cleaning techniques, chemical usage, supply restocking, and infection control procedures including hand hygiene. Focuses on and serves as a role model of responsive customer service.
6. Performs scheduled floor care procedures including dust mopping, mopping, stripping and refinishing, burnishing, and carpet extraction. Calculates quantities and mix ratio of cleaning chemicals.
7. Works under regular supervision within assigned facility. Internal customers include staff, physicians, nurses, patients, visitors, supervisors, managers, and executives. External customers include visitors, patients, and employees from other facilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires the skills, knowledge and abilities normally acquired over one to two years of diversified environmental service work experience in a health care or institutional setting. Must have a working knowledge of how to operate typical industrial cleaning equipment and the use of cleaning techniques appropriate to the healthcare environment. Must have basic math skills. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing to provide instructions and information to others. Must be able to interpret and respond appropriately to verbal and written instructions. Must accomplish assigned work despite frequent interruptions and changing priorities, and have the ability to multi-task in coordinating several projects simultaneously. Must serve as a role model to others in customer service skills, safe work practices, and infection control including hand hygiene. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
For incumbents assigned to the Crisis Response Center (CRC), additional requirements apply: Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4).
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Basic computer skills are helpful. Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.