Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
Bring your passion for providing excellent patient care and join our outstanding Banner Thunderbird Ultrasound Team of highly motivated and experienced professionals who strive to make a difference. Our ACR accredited department offers the unique opportunity to provide high quality, cutting edge imaging with 7 imaging rooms (GE Logiq e9, GE Logiq e10 and GE Voluson e10) to patients of all ages while providing a stimulating environment to constantly learn and grow new skill sets. The RDMS and RVT credentials are required at a minimum for all perspective candidates.
This is a full time, day shift position (three 12 hour shifts/week). The preferred days are Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday Day-Shift (7am - 7:30pm); Call Commitment of 3-4 Shifts/month .
Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential when applicable.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, professional and certification responsibilities related to the practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires national certification in the area of specialty from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or from Cardiovascular Credentialing International. For new graduates, certification must be completed within 12 months of hire. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 1-2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.