Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The Noninvasive Cardiology Department provides both inpatient and outpatient services for patients requiring trans-thoracic or trans-esophageal echocardiograms (with/without contrast), stress-ECHOs (exercise & chemical), walking & pharmacological stress testing, EKG tests, Holter & Event monitoring, agitated saline trans-cranial Doppler ("bubble") studies, and elective cardioversion. Pediatric studies offered include EKG, Holter Monitoring, and echocardiograms.
This is a part time, day shift position.
Enjoy 2 10's during the week with a rotation for every other weekend.
Weekday shifts are rotated with an "opening shift" from 5:30A-3P and a "closing shift" from 9A-6:30P.
Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential when applicable.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed non-invasive cardiovascular procedures and stress testing to patients. This position analyzes data during the recording, making certain that the information being obtained is valid and interpretable. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs prescribed standard non-invasive cardiovascular procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
2. Analyzes, identifies and documents procedures as outlined by departmental policies and procedures to maximize patient outcome.
3. Ensures an accurate and readable recording using deductive reasoning to trouble shoot minor problems, make adjustments as needed during the procedure and prepares recordings for interpretation.
4. Collects and/or reviews pertinent medical, historical, and medication information in order to perform the appropriate study prescribed by the physician as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
5. Assists with activities to improve department processes, facilitate testing and maintain quality to achieve optimal patient results.
6. Works directly with physicians and serves as the technical expert on our various Non-Invasive testing applications. Responsibilities include but not limited to: initial training on the clinical application for reading and interpreting EKG, continued training for periodic clinical up-grades, and assists with computerized charting and order entry.
7. May assists in scheduling of patients and maintains equipment as outlined by department policies and procedures. Responsible for the departmental daily charges and may assist in the charge recovery process.
8. Participates in the education and training of new employees, peers, students and other staff. Must obtain certification as a Cardiographic Technician from a recognized credentialing agency within 18 months of hire or have a bachelor's degree in a related clinical field. Must complete required courses in EKG and 12 Lead.
9. Independently performs prescribed non-invasive cardiovascular procedures to patients. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 1 year of experience performing non-invasive cardiology procedures. Completion of courses in EKG and 12 Lead. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, basic mathematical skills, analyze data and solve basic problems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.